Buiding a passthrough from truck to camper?

Jonnyo

Observer
as it been done? i m talking building a full passthrough so you can go from the truck cab to the camper. i m talking more then a window...full body walking. I currently have a F350 and a Kodiak camper. i love the camper and i love the truck and willing to perhaps put a flatbed instead of the box. But my main issue with the truck and camper combo is having to go outside and deploy the stairs to get inside the camper. It dosnt fit well with my boondocking in citys or just overall feeling unsafe about not having access. Does anyone has done it and cut a hole in both the camper and truck? if so...pictures, comments, advise? I used to have a Van and sure miss the functionality of pulling over to go to the bathroom or grabbing a drink and food from the fridge and getting back in my driver seat etc....

Darwin

Explorer
Sure it's been done. I would personally find it hard to rationalize cutting up a new truck just so I can go from the back of the camper to the driver's seat, but people do it. If you search around you are likely to find many example. If you end up doing it though, post some pictures.

yfarm

Observer
Spoke with guy in Key West who bought a Class C e350 motorhome about 21-22ft body with a bad engine, removed the body and installed on a F350 CC, removed rear window and cut the cab rearwall to the floor and sealed the two, looked like a factory rv. Was a crewcab, used bucket seats in the rear to allow walkthru.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior