Butterfly Photo Safaris

maxingout

Adventurer
My wife and I love to shoot photographs of butterflies. We use Nikon Cameras and lenses for all of our photo safaris.

Here are a few of our butterfly photos.

Butterfly_109.jpg

Butterfly_435.jpg

Butterfly_262.jpg

Butterfly_398.jpg

Butterfly_386.jpg

Butterfly_333.jpg

Butterfly_413-2.jpg

If you like those photos, more can be found at http://PositiveButterflies.com

Enjoy

Chris

Adventurer
Beautiful, although I am not a pro I found myself completely consumed photographing them for the fist time. I went from just simply enjoying them to photographing them and back to enjoying them. It wasn’t until I got home that I said I need to know how to better photograph them........Macro ..yes? He is a sample of my first try ... Olympus, and some in-cam cheating. Some day maybe I can do it the clean way you do.. Mind if I use your photos as a bench mark, they speak life to me! Thanks for the simple beauty.

Chris

Attachments

• 023OEXPO2010_edited-1.jpg
    023OEXPO2010_edited-1.jpg
    873.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 001OEXPO2010.jpg
    001OEXPO2010.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 036OEXPO2010_edited-1.jpg
    036OEXPO2010_edited-1.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 016OEXPO2010.jpg
    016OEXPO2010.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 025OEXPO2010.jpg
    025OEXPO2010.jpg
    976.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 019OEXPO2010_edited-1.jpg
    019OEXPO2010_edited-1.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

maxingout

Adventurer
Beautiful, although I am not a pro I found myself completely consumed photographing them for the fist time. I went from just simply enjoying them to photographing them and back to enjoying them. It wasn’t until I got home that I said I need to know how to better photograph them........Macro ..yes? He is a sample of my first try ... Olympus, and some in-cam cheating. Some day maybe I can do it the clean way you do.. Mind if I use your photos as a bench mark, they speak life to me! Thanks for the simple beauty.

Chris

You have great results for a first attempt.

My wife uses a 105 mm macro, and I use a 70-200 zoom. Although we are not professionals, we have a lot of fun.

Photos are great because you have the fun of shooting them the first time, and then you get to relive the experience every time you look at them. It's photographic time travel at it's best.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Wonderful photos here. Just a reminder never to wear Buzz Off clothing when working with insects that you enjoy and want to keep around.

XJBANKER

Explorer
My wife found this butterfly in the road at the mall parking lot, she did not want it to get squished so she put it in a cup and brought it home.
125.jpg

The butterfly would not leave and you almost had to fight with it to get it off your finger. It would fly away and come right back to your hand. A rain storm came through so we made a home for it inside with sugar water, an orange and a few fresh flowers
IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

211.jpg

I am sad that my daughters face is messy in this photo. She just got back from a cowboy birthday party and had just had cake but I guess that is the point of catching them in the moment. The butterfly stuck around for 5 days and then died. We pinned it up on a foam board to dry and we are going to frame it with this photo with it.
185.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online