CAD Toyota Tacoma

I have seed posts for other vehicles and but I'm looking for a very accurate CAD model of a Toyota Tacoma double cab 2nd gen. I have found a few online but they are merely the body and interior. Id like one where I can remove the front bumper ect and the frame rails will be there. (non I have found have this yet) I have found a company willing to take the time and CAD this for me but I need either blue prints or decent dimensional drawings of the chassis. Does any one have either of these?

adventr

Adventurer
I have seed posts for other vehicles and but I'm looking for a very accurate CAD model of a Toyota Tacoma double cab 2nd gen. I have found a few online but they are merely the body and interior. Id like one where I can remove the front bumper ect and the frame rails will be there. (non I have found have this yet) I have found a company willing to take the time and CAD this for me but I need either blue prints or decent dimensional drawings of the chassis. Does any one have either of these?

Good luck buddy.... The reason you haven't found anything like that, is because nothing like that exists. Aftermarket companies, like ARB, use a laser scanning setup to create models that are used by their engineers. This is a very expensive and time consuming process, so they do not share their models.
You can purchase a laser scanner, but prices start at around 50k and go up from there.

Paddy

Adventurer
How accurate you want? I found this one for my camper shell setup that I'm building, so disregard the shell, but the base truck was modeled pretty well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 67

summerprophet

Adventurer
You can purchase a laser scanner, but prices start at around 50k and go up from there.

Actually, you can get into a mini scanner for around 38k, but then you need a 10k computer to handle the data, and AutoCAD is around 3k per seat.

So you are actually into your bumper for more than the truck is worth.

It is not uncommon for the smaller custom fab shops to fab the templates out of cardboard. It is an option, and while not as easily to create while sipping your morning coffee, it does come in in at tens of thousands of dollars cheaper.

Last edited:

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Like others have said, because it is a lot of freaking money and business is business. I ran a CAD program for a lot of the machine components to be cut or built, the last thing I would want is to spend days or weeks making a perfect design and then have it put on the internet for anyone else. That would be a kick in the face.

Good luck buddy.... The reason you haven't found anything like that, is because nothing like that exists. Aftermarket companies, like ARB, use a laser scanning setup to create models that are used by their engineers. This is a very expensive and time consuming process, so they do not share their models.

Sorry but what your saying simply doesn't make any sense. On a side note I found everything I need thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman