Camera Armor

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Hi
Have any of you used or heard anything about "Camera Armor"?
Price is about $50

http://www.camerarmor.com/details.html

ca-explanation.gif

articulate

Expedition Leader
I've never seen it, so thanks for sharing. The grips of my camera bodies get worn down and look cruddy, so I kind of like the idea. For $50, what the hell?

Reminds me of the offroad magnet sheets I've seen on some H2s - large, flexible magnets that stick right to the body panels to protect from desert pinstriping.

For what it's worth, I've dropped my camera many times. Once right on the lens glass. Since I learned the "habit" of using a UV filter 100% of the time (which Bill has taught me to do otherwise . . .) I ended up smashing only the filter. Saved the lens.

A klutz like me could get $50 worth of abuse out of something like this.

smbisig

Adventurer
i will be buying my canon rebel xti at the end of this week and the camera armor will be purchased at the same time.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Bella PSD said:
I went to buy some but my camera's are the Kodak 14N. Not made for that camera!!:(

Louie
Not available for the d40 either. Damn! I thought I had found a good present for my wife.:(

\\'anderer

Adventurer
I picked up the camera armor for my Canon XTI, and have used it a few times now.

Overall, I like the protection it offers, but there are a couple things about it that bug me.

1. The automatic display off sensor thinks the camera is at eye level ,so the lcd display stays off.

2. Lens changing is more work, especially if the lens is slightly larger in diameter. The rubber gets in the way of the mount and needs to be worked while mounting lens.

3. the on-off switch and exposure mode dial are more difficult to access.

Again, the above problems are minor compared to the benefits of added camera protection. I am hard on equipment and I know this protection will come in handy in the future, so for me it's worth it.

pwc

Explorer
That's what I was thinking. If the lens mount is an issue you should be able to trim away enough to make life better. Of all the places a camera gets hit, that is one of the least likely since you have the lens in the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior