Camper jacks when camping

What do most people do with their camper jacks when traveling? Do you keep them attached or just remove them and leave at home?

Thanks

FAW3

Adventurer
Leave at home. Excess weight. Easy to catch on brush, limbs, or other obstructions on tight trails. Never had a need to remove camper when on a trip.

Thanks for the comments. I fish in wooded areas that have brush and the jacks will be an issue. Just was not sure if I was missing something that would suggest II should haul around the jacks. Just need to finally pick up the camper.

Sent using Tapatalk

Oka 374

Ten years ago a few Aussie couples with the help of some great Canadian friends travelled all over Canada and the USA with F250 Super Duty utes and Real Lite truck campers. We spent over nine months exploring North America and two of us carried two jacks each mainly in the event of a major vehicle problem where we could offload the truck camper and have accomodation while the vehicle underwent repairs.
We didn't ever need the jacks, the vehicles served us well over the 55,000km we covered from Alaska to Florida including both the Dempster and the Canol road as well as the Labrador highway, PEI, Newfoundland and pretty much everywhere in between.

eblau

Adventurer
If you snag one they can cause some serious damage, I bought a FWC secondhand that had a corner repaired from a snag and it was UGLY. Jack Never bolted on and stood plumb after that either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12