Camper shell/topper identification

13z71

Hey team, long time lurker first time poster.

I want to start by saying I am an absolute amateur. I have a 2013 Silverado 2500hd gasser, crew cab regular bed, z71 4x4. I've got tons of mods done to it. But I digress.

My son and I hunt on a friend's property and we need a cozy place to sleep. I picked up this aluminum camper shell topper (whatever you want to call it) on fb marketplace for $100. Got a new third brake light, new shocks and gave it a good bath. I'm going to tint the windows and redo the foam at the bottom...but overall the thing is awesome. The windows even open! I wanted aluminum because I need an fast easy on easy off. I ride atvs and other activities where I need an open truck bed.

The problem is that I don't know what brand it is. I don't know load capacity. I don't know how to safety (if at all), add my roof top awning or even a cargo carrier on top. I'm an analyst by trade...not an engineer haha.

It has no markings or brand logos except the place it was sold which is now out of business. I've never seen a topper like this one...so any advice or links would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20240302_153339838.jpg
    PXL_20240302_153339838.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20240203_235556183.jpg
    PXL_20240203_235556183.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20240130_193741352.jpg
    PXL_20240130_193741352.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 38

ThundahBeagle

Great truck!
That topper looks like every topper the older guys would have, back in the 70's and 80's before the fiberglass ones took hold. Lot of different makers. It looks pretty new, as far as maybe manufactured the last 10 years.

Good luck

1stDeuce

Explorer
Nice "old man" topper!! :)

Looks like the side windows are already tinted... Lots of places made aluminum toppers like that, and I doubt the brand is that important. As long as you're mounting to the main supports, you should be OK. Load capacity is a stupid number that means mostly nothing in my experience. It does appear that your only structural load carrying members are at the very front and back with windows that large... An awing should be no problem but any rack that that topper would have offered would have been right at the ends, so anything weight carrying that you mount also needs to mount at the ends most likely... Or not carry much weight...

s.e.charles

Hey team, long time lurker first time poster.

I want to start by saying I am an absolute amateur. I have a 2013 Silverado 2500hd gasser, crew cab regular bed, z71 4x4. I've got tons of mods done to it. But I digress.

My son and I hunt on a friend's property and we need a cozy place to sleep. I picked up this aluminum camper shell topper (whatever you want to call it) on fb marketplace for $100. Got a new third brake light, new shocks and gave it a good bath. I'm going to tint the windows and redo the foam at the bottom...but overall the thing is awesome. The windows even open! I wanted aluminum because I need an fast easy on easy off. I ride atvs and other activities where I need an open truck bed.

The problem is that I don't know what brand it is. I don't know load capacity. I don't know how to safety (if at all), add my roof top awning or even a cargo carrier on top. I'm an analyst by trade...not an engineer haha.

It has no markings or brand logos except the place it was sold which is now out of business. I've never seen a topper like this one...so any advice or links would be very much appreciated.
don't load the roof. this cap style isn't made for it. yeah, you can get away with it for a while, but then you'll wonder why the truck has squeaks & leaks.

even the heavy hitters with mega trucks deny any good coming from loads up high.

the purpose of the cap is to cover whatever is in the bed.

ThundahBeagle

don't load the roof. this cap style isn't made for it. yeah, you can get away with it for a while, but then you'll wonder why the truck has squeaks & leaks.

even the heavy hitters with mega trucks deny any good coming from loads up high.

the purpose of the cap is to cover whatever is in the bed.

I'll second that. I have a rack on my topper, yes. I put kayaks on it, yes. Or, if I ever get a Thule or Yakima roof torpedo, I might put it up there but not for heavyweight items and not very often.

Like S.E. said, the topper is to cover stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior