Can Pitman & Idler Arms be changed without jacking vehicle up?

I recently moved to an apartment and don't have garage space anymore, but need to change these two parts out. Can I replace them without jacking the vehicle up? I don't want to get too much attention from property management.
Thanks!

Flhtruss

Observer
Are you asking if the front wheel need to be off the ground? I do not see why other than for access you would need to. You might need some special tools, try find a YouTube vid to help you out.

Are you asking if the front wheel need to be off the ground? I do not see why other than for access you would need to. You might need some special tools, try find a YouTube vid to help you out.

Yep, that's what I'm wondering. I have plenty of access to the components so I guess I'm good. I've got a pickle fork, is there another tool I'll need for this?
Thanks.

tlr

Adventurer
You'll need a puller for the pitman arm. You can rent them at the auto parts store or buy one. Be sure to get the heavy duty one. I'll try and find a pic of the one I used.

You'll need a puller for the pitman arm. You can rent them at the auto parts store or buy one. Be sure to get the heavy duty one. I'll try and find a pic of the one I used.

Perfect, hopefully it's not on there too tight. I will probably get Moog parts, but are there any cheaper brands you have used like Mevotech or ACDelco?

tlr

Adventurer
I got a Moog pitman arm and the ADD idler arm kit and rebuilt the OEM one. Only thing with my idler arm was it needed to be pressed apart, but most service shops can do that for you. Took 12 tons to get mine apart btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998