Can someone suggest a good beginner mountain bike trail around Tahoe?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I am taking my cousins to Tahoe this Saturday. I plan on going for a bike ride however they are not too used to mountain biking...but they're young and motivated...

:)

I need to do a bit more research but if anyone has a quick suggestion in mind please let me know.
I think there's a trail that goes around the lake but not sure where it starts and such. I am thinking of a 20+ miles ride.

thanks - sorry for not doing my homework properly but this board is filled with so much knowledge...

:)

AndrewP

Explorer
If you are fit, the Flume Trail absolutely rocks. The initial climb up to the rim will be hard if you are not used to riding long hills. We do the flume as a circuit-instead of going down the standard way, turn up hill through Red House and Marlet Lake. It's incredible, and worth the pain to get up the hill.

Other than the fitness needed, the trial is not technical. It has some of the best scenery in cycling.

jcbrandon

Explorer
Call Big Daddy's Bike shop in Gardnerville, Nevada (775) 782-7077 . Keith knows everything and will point you the right direction.

Failing that, just get to the lake and drive around it till you see either a sign for the Tahoe Rim trail or a trailhead with a bunch of parked cars with empty bike racks.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
thanks all - i am going to take them on Flume Trail. Sounds like fun.

Now I just need to find where the trail starts and book something nearby .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan