Can you recommend what size fridge to purchase

Jevy

Adventurer
Hey everyone

I'm going to be in the market for a fridge and was hoping you guys could recommend which size I should look at. Mainly I will be on weekend trips and our cooking is minimal. I would like to keep stuff to make sandwiches and water/soft drinks. I know I don't want a huge on but worry I may mess up and buy one that's too small.

6x6pinz

Adventurer
so far it seems that what ever size of ice chest you use about half that size for a fridge seems to work well. that is to say if you are used to a 100qt ice chest a 50qt fridge is fine.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
We have 110 liter fridge and we, me, wife, & 5 year old, can easily go 5 or 6 days with it. Beer goes in a small ice chest.

Expedition Leader
I use a 37 QT ARB and find it adequate for up to three people and up to 5-6 days of camping, but YMMV. We rotate drinks in and don't take a lot of meat. I appreciate the smaller size, but I guess it depends on how big your expo vehicle is and how much room you need for other stuff.

Jevy

Adventurer
well I went ahead and purchased the larger model 63 quart fridge. Now I gotta figure out how to mount it. :) Thanks guys.

G35Vortec454

Adventurer
Good for you. I have the 63qt unit too, Edgestar. Imounted it by fabricating the brackets that fit onto the channels where the feet are mounted and then bolting the brackets into the floor.

Jevy

Adventurer
Well I received it today and have it in the back of my wife's suv for a car camping trip tomorrow. Initial impressions are good. I can't wait to get to try it out.

6x6pinz

Adventurer
I like to plug mine into house power for a few days prior to the trip. Lets the temps come down without straining the vehicle systems. mine runs off the solar system on my vehicle so I like to conserve when I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears