Canon G7 Pelican case

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
For those of you with a G7 looking for a water/dust/smooshproof case, look no further. The G7 fits (just barely) in a Pelican 1010 case with some minor modification.

imgp8770em9.jpg

To do this you'll need to trim the rubber bathtub out keeping the edge of it as a gasket. I then used a dremel to carve out grooves for the hotshoe rails and where the inside radius of the case was too large - thereby bumping the bottom of the screen on the camera.

imgp8776io1.jpg

I also added a soft cloth to protect the screen from any grains of sand that may make their way in.

img3605kc8.jpg

It's a good snug fit and is held in place well by the hotshoe grooves.
The loops on the case are great for threading a strap through on the outside of a backpack for easy access on the trail.

Last edited:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
OT - do you like the camera?

I am this close (imagine fingers really close together) to pulling the trigger on buying this camera. I shot pictures all day with the Nikon D2hs, but want a P&S to use like a Leica from my film days...

Thanks

Jay

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
I couldn't be happier with the G7.
It's only real competition is the leica d-lux, but it doesn't fit in a Pelican! (as well)
Also the accessories for it are outrageous - I just picked up the Canon waterproof case and can't wait to dive in with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears