CAPE YORK IN A CANTER

fg4oz

Adventurer
Stopped at cairns yesterday and met Engineer from expo forum. Can't wait to hit the tracks. He has some photos and stories of some pretty cool trucks. Now we want to go to Fraser after talking about all the lakes. We have so many good spots to explore in Australia. And probably so many more around the world.

fg4oz

Adventurer
yes ben but you know what they say about just one goat
better to be safe than sorry
anyway youll probably get to use it dragging 4wd's out of the ********
BTW are you doing the tele track or going to wus it up the development road
Hey stu, I have no idea who says or what they mean by just one goat?

fg4oz

Adventurer
Carried along the Bloomfield track up and down. Engaged 4wd for one slippery slope but it was a very basic run with some fun water crossings to keep us amused. Got up past cooktown and did some sandy tracks. Funny story, we got stuck in one spot trying to find the beach. The truck just stopped. It was a slight incline but on a bend. Failed 5 times trying to get through. It should have been a sign to head back. But no, egged on by wife and child, "c'mon dad you can do it!" Reversed back gave it all little fg had. Got over the crest to find it was a road to nowhere. 20 point turn to get out and back we went. Lots of fun was had by all. Truck has handled the wet red tracks really well.

I called into the croc shop at cooktown (thanks to engineer) and bought Linda's book Saturday morning and was hooked. What a great adventure story and I finished it that night. I just want to keep going, keep exploring all the way up the top, but could not rush it. Wife is hooked too and she wants to come back.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Looks great spot.
How far north of Cooktown did you get?
We have 9 more sleeps till we leave for The Cape and we will be heading up the Bloomfield track.

fg4oz

Adventurer
so you fell for the old, you can do it trick!:wings:

It was a bit like that but it may have also included "you spent all this money on what, and we can't get over the hill!" I would have pushed it over the hill!

I know in previous 4wds I would have let the tyres down to about 20psi. What would you guys get down to on these super singles?

fg4oz

Adventurer
Looks great spot.
How far north of Cooktown did you get?
We have 9 more sleeps till we leave for The Cape and we will be heading up the Bloomfield track.

Just north of hope vale then back south. How long are you away for? We crossed the daintree today and are heading inland. We were in cooktown for the weekend festival. They even had pie eating competitions and wet tshirt comp. only in far north qld would you get all this plus toad racing. It's such a great place and we enjoyed the lions den

There are heaps of young families too. Good for us as our little one is meeting lots of kids.

alan

Explorer
It was a bit like that but it may have also included "you spent all this money on what, and we can't get over the hill!" I would have pushed it over the hill!

I know in previous 4wds I would have let the tyres down to about 20psi. What would you guys get down to on these super singles?
Probably about the same 20psi you spent all that money on what! sounds very familiar!!

Aussie Iron

Explorer

What I have experienced is it will go where ever my brother could take his Nissan. I go down to 30psi for normal beach running but would go down to 15/20psi if I had to. Just to get me there or through. I'd look at lower to get the Canter out if I had to. But that's me. Glad you are enjoying the trip, looks like we are a go last week in July for 4 weeks going all the way up the track again.

Dan.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Just north of hope vale then back south. How long are you away for? We crossed the daintree today and are heading inland. We were in cooktown for the weekend festival. They even had pie eating competitions and wet tshirt comp. only in far north qld would you get all this plus toad racing. It's such a great place and we enjoyed the lions den

There are heaps of young families too. Good for us as our little one is meeting lots of kids.

We are away for 4 weeks in total ,we are meeting up with the bike guys in Cairns .
So about 16 days to the tip and back for the bike guys from Cairns. But we will be staying longer as the bikes leave us on about day 14.
We can't wait I wish we had better weather in Bris so We can finish all those little jobs to the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger