Cascadia Vehicle Tent CVT 8' Awning Install on Four Wheel Camper FWC Hawk

Galvi5

Observer
I pulled the trigger on the CVT 8' Awning at the start of the month and just got around to the install this weekend. I was stalling for sure. I was not looking forward to drilling SIX holes in the camper. I took my time, measured 10 times and drilled only once per hole thankfully. I have a sneaking suspicion that the CVT and ARB awnings are made in the same factory at the very least. The aluminum mounting extrusion looks exactly the same on both, as does the PVC bag, poles, fabric, etc.

I had to fir the whole awning out from the sidewall of the camper using the stainless steel L-brackets that came with it. The reason I had to do this was to prevent tampering with the weather stripping and the channel it rests in. The weather stripping I am referring to runs vertically from the corner of the camper, all the way up to where the cabover extension meets the main body of the camper. The two L-brackets are intended to aide in mounting the awning from a Yakima/Thule roof rack. I cut the brackets into s semi equal sized pieces and two at each mounting point gave me the clearance I needed. Hopefully the photos show this. Otherwise, email me.

Obviously the camper is on a dolly but here are some shots of the finished product.

The L-brackets, cut down into 6 - 1/4" X 3"-ish "firing" brackets. Use a Harbor Freight cut-off tool and two wheels. The tool only shut off on me once, really due to overheating (reset button).

IMG_1046.jpg

The bolts and, let's call them spacers, in the awning extrusion.

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

I drank a beer for every one of the six holes I drilled in this camper and it shows. You will see in one of the photos that I have "misplaced" a washer. I still have not found it and it cost me one more trip to the hardware store. FYI the black stuff you see on the bolts is the sealer that one of the many RV dealers in town sold me. The fella grabbed it off the shelf and told me it was the clear. When I saw it was the black, I said to hell with it. No one will see it.

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

The finished product.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Close up photos of the spacers to follow.

Last edited:

Galvi5

Observer
Mounting Close-ups

These are somewhat lousy shots of the spacers between the awning and the side of the camper.

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

And another shot of the awning in its case.

IMG_0004.jpg

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
How do you like your CVT awning? I'm thinking we'd like to put a CVT on the Grandby we just ordered..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12