Cassette Toilet Question?

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I have a Thetford C250CWE cassette toilet. Does anyone know if I can run a water line over to the tank drain to fill the tank? I would rather hit the pump to fill the flushing tank than have to fill it manually.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
You can, with a bit of splicing things together. Indeed, filling the tank this way would be a good benefit that would make the extra cost and installation complexity of the cassette toilet, versus a Porti-Potti, well worth it.

By the way, I didn't take the time to look up whether your model is electric flush, but if it is, you might also consider connecting the pressured water up directly to the flush, so that when you press the button the water flushes with line water rather than tank water. In my first Sprinter, space was so tight that we didn't really have room for the flush water tank. By connecting directly to the flush plumbing, we were able to have a cassette toilet without needing the space taken up by the tank. (Of course, it required fabbing a custom fiberglass piece to cover up the rude look left after cutting the expensive toilet apart.)

Last edited:

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Hmmm, Interesting. The water line from the tank to the bowl is easily accessible. Thanks for the idea! I am mounting the toilet in a non standard way, might as well make it 100% functional while I'm at it.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Glad to have been of help. I always wanted to be an expert in something, though perhaps I should have set my sights higher than plastic toilets. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12