Cheap Chinese Equipment

What do you think about this and products and businesses like this?

• They hurt the overlanding community.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • They help the overlanding community.

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

ThundahBeagle

American Leatherman all day every day. Chinese multitools really stink.
Craftsman. Old craftsman. New craftsman and other chinese made tools stink. I'll buy Craftsman off of Craigslist before I buy new, now that it's made in China.

There are many things I can live with being CCC (Communist Chinese Crap) cheap. There are many things I can not. Figure that out as you see fit. For me its concentric circles of "local" and outward, depending on availability and price vs quality.

Every now and then I'm in Tractor Supply or HF and am surprised at what I see is made in US.

MisterNoisy

I feel about this the same way I do about the same conversation in other realms - if it gets people started in the hobby by removing the initial financial barrier, they'll either have bought a decent product or will have at least gotten into the hobby/space and realized they need something better from a more reputable vendor.

Hnoroian

Observer
I agree with getting more people out and about but seriously let’s have some more common sense and respect for Mother Nature and others along the way, leaving it better than what we left it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior