Cheap or Trade-For-Beer Welding in Orange County, CA?

kjp1969

Explorer
I have an on-the-cheap project that involves welding a couple of tabs onto a 1" tube tire carrier. Does anyone in or around Orange County have a welder that they would be willing to fire up for about 10 minutes? This is not a fabrication project- everything will be cut, fitted, and ground in advance.

kjp1969

Explorer
xj_mike said:
Bummer you're in OC. If you were down my way, I would be happy to.

Thanks anyway- the gas bill would defeat my whole cheapskate purpose.

I just built an extendable worklight pedestal for my tire carrier- hidden wiring and everything. I'm going to clamp in on the tire carrier, but a couple of little welded tabs would make it soooo much cleaner. Anyone want to trade a "production version" for the welding job? (photo to follow)

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
kjp1969 said:
Thanks anyway- the gas bill would defeat my whole cheapskate purpose.

I just built an extendable worklight pedestal for my tire carrier- hidden wiring and everything. I'm going to clamp in on the tire carrier, but a couple of little welded tabs would make it soooo much cleaner. Anyone want to trade a "production version" for the welding job? (photo to follow)
I have the welder and picking up a tank hopefully this week, is Hemet too far?

kjp1969

Explorer
RocKrawler said:
I have the welder and picking up a tank hopefully this week, is Hemet too far?

Hemet's a bit of a hoof, I'm in Fountain Valley. Thanks though. I'll stop into a couple of fab shops and see what they say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior