cheap scepter spout DIY

4 play

Observer
I have a hard time spending my hard earned money on such a little peace of plastic. So, I was at work and noticed a plastic 55 Gal drum bung will fit into a scepter fuel can. it also has a treaded cut out so you can put a valve or nipple on the bung. I got a plastic nipple from the hardware store and the same size tubing. I have not used it yet but it looks like it will work on my new $19.95 cans:wings: I will try to get photos after I know it works.

dirty Bakers

Conservative
I put together somthing like that too but mine was not cheep but its bomb proof. Where did you find Scepter cans for $19.99 new?

762X39

Explorer
I have not used it yet but it looks like it will work on my new $19.95 cans:wings: I will try to get photos after I know it works.
The Scepter cans have both an inside and outside thread if I remember correctly (I'll have to go look at mine in the basement tonight).Your homemade spout doesn't seem to have a provision for letting air in as fuel pours out.It may gulp and splash as you use it.:coffee:

4x4mike

Adventurer
Do you guys have pictures of your spouts (insert pun here)? I spent quite some time at Home Depot looking for something to use and found nothing.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I'd like to find a spout for my Scepter water cans...if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate the shortcut :)

yooper

Observer
I bought a 1/2" male NPT to male garden hose brass fitting, coated the NPT side with silicone adhesive and threaded it into the Scepter spout, letting it cut right into the plastic, then put a garden hose cap on it. In camp I attach a 6 foot food grade hose with a pistol grip sprayer as a faucet.

There is a thread on MUD: Water Can Spigot Solution

4x4mike

Adventurer
Cool. I never thought about male fittings. I was looking for female stuff. I did however consider cutting the spout off and gluing something in the hole and using a large nut behind it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan