Check this Discovery on Ebay....with roof top tent

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Expedition ready? Not! Throwing on a tent and front bumper doesn't make it expedition ready.

Christian - you are welcome to join a bunch of rover enthusiasts at Mexxi's in Dublin on 4/7. See www.lrrforums.com for details.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
thanks for the invite! I might stop by...although I have no vehicle at all right now! We use a rental car...we sold both the Navigator and our Jetta TDI a couple weeks ok. That's the reason why I have been spending so much time on the forum lately...trying to decide what to buy next...

I would love to get another Discovery or a Land Cruiser Serie 100, but the cost of gas is scaring me right now...especially since my gf commutes from San Francisco to Mountain View (Google) every day...

:smiley_drive:

Christian
www.2aroundtheworld.com
www.pbase.com/2aroundtheworld

ZooJunkie

Explorer
2aroundtheworld said:
thanks for the invite! I might stop by...although I have no vehicle at all right now! We use a rental car...we sold both the Navigator and our Jetta TDI a couple weeks ok. That's the reason why I have been spending so much time on the forum lately...trying to decide what to buy next...

I would love to get another Discovery or a Land Cruiser Serie 100, but the cost of gas is scaring me right now...especially since my gf commutes from San Francisco to Mountain View (Google) every day...

:smiley_drive:

Christian
www.2aroundtheworld.com
www.pbase.com/2aroundtheworld
I commute from SJ to San Mateo for work. :( I drive my Trooper too..

FJ Cruiser

Adventurer
I saw a 2003 at a dealer with low miles for $14,500. So for having a roof top tent and a bumper shouldn't make it a good deal at all.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
FJ Cruiser said:
I saw a 2003 at a dealer with low miles for $14,500. So for having a roof top tent and a bumper shouldn't make it a good deal at all.
Late 2001, 2002, and 2003 models don't have the CDL inner workings in the transfer case. If his has the CDL workings, it might be worth it to someone... LOL... but not to me... I'd give him $9K for that truck. Maybe $10K if it includes the rack and tent. I noticed the ad didn't say it included the rack.... hmmmm....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998