truck bed 2 .jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 22
  • truck bed 3 .jpg
    truck bed 3 .jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Interesting setup. You'll occasionally see one on the used market around here.
What you get is the standard crew cab bed (5 ft) and the standard regular cab on a crew/xcab chassis with the piece with side doors stuck in the middle. The middle piece is open all the way across to both sides. Every one I've seen also included the work cap on it. If it suits your configuration needs, its especially cool.
For me, I would have preferred that GM had made a reg cab with a longer (7 ft) bed but that configuration was never available in the first run of Colly/Canyon. FWIW, I never saw this configuration in GMC form.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Ecolab had a boat load of those Colorado’s in their fleet. The topper and compartment between the bed and cab were made by a company called Brand FX. They did a similar product for the F150. Pretty cool idea, too bad it didn't last long.

Additional pictures of a GMT355 truck

GQ_800.jpg

qg_800.jpg

Rw_800.jpg

4A_800.jpg

FA_800.jpg

zA_800.jpg

mA_800.jpg

Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
Lite weight Service body ?

Larry. Thanks for more info and pics. Looked up the "Brand X" site http://www.brandfxbody.com/ and I like their BFXB 40LS Service body, never rust and I think great for installing a Truck Pop-Up
Camper. Fits a SBCC. Just my cup of tea.
Lightweight composite design. Comes standard with steel understructure and aluminum treadbright floor. Standard 42″ pack height. Side-pack depth 15″. Weight 588#, LED lighting package. Airtight, watertight compartments with flow through ventilation. Basic model includes six compartments — two vertical and one horizontal per side. I think the 36" Pack height with 19" depth bed, my NorthStar has 20" truck bed depth.
brian

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior