Chivo Falls Jan 20, 08

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Croz and I ran out to Chivo falls today. Had to break the Virgina boy in on some Arizona rocks. Actualy I dropped off an 18 inch step and hung up on my sliders and frame. Croz had to help me out with a high lift and rock piling recovery. Oh well, all part of the fun of wheeling. :wings:

We had a great trip. Croz's 4Runner is a sweet rig. Here are few pics from our adventure.

ChivoFalls.jpg

Jan212008003.jpg

Jan202008039.jpg

Jan202008040-1.jpg

Jan202008ChivaFalls013-1.jpg

Jan202008ChivaFalls007.jpg

Jan202008ChivaFalls028.jpg

Jan202008ChivaFalls025.jpg

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
It has been a few years since I ran that trail. I need to drive down and see my buddy Shotts anyways :)

Nice time of year for this trail. All the ice added to the impact of the desert falls. It was beautiful. :jumping:

Steve Curren

Explorer
I have lived here for 7 years and have yet to run that trail, I have heard it's a nice one to do. If anyone here does it again I hope to be able to go also.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Steve,

I have a lot going on over the next month or so but maybe early spring we can get together and do another run to the falls. :jumping:

At least next time I'll know which rock step to avoid driving over.:oops:

MaddBaggins

Explorer
The rock steps are the best part guys!!

That trail is always in need of cleanup. I live near there and run it quite frequently and always haul out a lot of trash. Check out the Copper State Cruisers board on ih8mud. There is a tentative cleanup day of March 8th that Tucson Offroad is organizing and CSC is helping.

Thanks for the call Brad! You know what I did yesterday besides nothing?...

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
MaddBaggins said:
..............Thanks for the call Brad! You know what I did yesterday besides nothing?...

:oops: Sorry about that Alvin. :( I was fired up on getting Dave here from Virgina with his 4Runner that is set up like mine but on steroids and forgot about inviting my other local friends.

I owe you a cold one now for sure. :beer:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
No problem, but a run with you to Chivo would be fun....I'll see what my schedule looks like for your planned Mar 8th clean up.

tibaal89

Adventurer
Haha, great trail! Thanks for sharing the pics! That was one of the first places I took my stock FJ Cruiser.... woohoo!

IMG_0076.jpg

Steve Curren

Explorer
I look forward to both doing the Falls as well as cleaning up the trail. I usually run with a mesh bag on the rear of the Jeep and pick up as much trash as I can, also love getting the cans and especially the pop tops.
March 8 it is, Alvin we can discuss it next month..

croz

Observer
Brad, thanks for your hospitality!

We had a fantastic day. Remember, if you ever want to donate that trailer ...I suppose I'd take it off your hands:jester:

I am loving this terrain out here. Brad is one lucky guy to be surrounded with such a great "backyard." I was really impressed, with the beautiful scenery and Brad's skills. He was makin it look easy all day!

Thanks again!!

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

Gitn' some!!

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

this thing is AMAZING!!! ....I really should not have seen it:rotflmao:

DSC00143.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members