Class B Concept 4x4 from Winnebago - F.Y.I.

PhrankinPhoenix

F.Y.I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FQ-FD1Ma0

At the 07/2016 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market (Salt Lk. City, UT), Winnebago
unveiled its newest concept vehicle - a smaller, more nimble 4x4 vehicle targeted
at the"hard-core" outdoor crowd.

Built on the 4 wheel drive Mercedes Sprinter chassis with a short wheelbase and
single rear wheels, this Concept Adventure Vehicle has all of the features the
outdoor crowd might want so it can act as a base camp; and it's been carefully
thought out to reduce extras that might not be needed or wanted.

For now, this vehicle is just a concept, but Winnebago is soliciting feedback
to help shape its future plans.

Coachgeo

Explorer
some intawesting stuff. like the floor material idea and the way to level the bed instead of leveling the whole truck

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Phrank,

If you are reporting back, 2 things I would throw out to them is 1, make a little longer vehicle to accomidate a family of 4, Not much bigger but just have the option, and two, have some front end winch bumper. Other than that it's a killer rig!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah really. BOUT time. For the people who want an off road capable rig, but don't want to fork out the 350g for an earth roamer.

PhrankinPhoenix

To give Feedback...

F.Y.I.
From The Fit RV:
"A couple of points from the video that bear repeating:

The vehicle is based on the 4WD Mercedes Sprinter 2500 chassis with single rear wheels.
Heat and hot water are to be provided by a propane-powered Truma Combi system. The Truma Combi unit is the sole consumer of propane on board.
There is no television in this rig. Instead, provisions abound to mount electronic devices nearly everywhere using Ram Mounts and nearby USB charging ports.
No generator is planned for this vehicle. Rather, they are planning a larger lithium-ion battery and a 2000 watt inverter to supply electrical needs.
The rear bed is transverse – made possible by bump-out sections in the walls. It is on a four-point leveling and lifting system. This allows a “garage” area underneath that can be large enough to accommodate two mountain bikes.
The bathroom makes use of a cassette toilet. Though not widely used in North America, they are used all over Europe and allow for dumping of waste in a variety of convenient options.
There is no air conditioning in this rig, though a pre-wire option is under consideration. In the areas where this rig is proposed to go, RV park power is simply not going to be available.
The rig has a new, expanding tray-mount bike rack. But more interestingly, it has a removable and moveable ladder, which will allow roof loading from a variety of locations.

Winnebago was taking feedback from Outdoor Retailer attendees live at the show. Additionally, they’ve put an online survey up so that the larger public (or FitRV readers, anyway) can weigh in on this one as well.
You can help shape the future of this concept by giving your opinions via the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/winnebagoadventurevehicle

And if you want to engage in some discussion, you can sound off there."

Referenced from: http://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/winnebagos-4x4-concept-adventure-vehicle/

blackwood

Adventurer
I like it. I would make the floor of the garage area a giant tub. You can place muddy bikes or take a shower in a larger space.

winnebago-concept-adventure-vehicle-6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12