Cloudveil closes Jackson office

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Yet another small "soulful" company bought by a big company.
(Not saying it is necessarily a bad thing, it just makes me a bit sad.)

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Only if you're a tourist.

Well, I do not live in Jackson. So when I am in Jackson I am a traveler, but I am not a tourist. I have friends who live in Jackson, and they have lived there for many years. And in different ways they are hardcore. See where I am coming from?

Wyowanderer

Explorer
Well, I do not live in Jackson. So when I am in Jackson I am a traveler, but I am not a tourist. I have friends who live in Jackson, and they have lived there for many years. And in different ways they are hardcore. See where I am coming from?

The statement I was responding to indicated that Jackson Hole was hardcore.
I disagree.
But I don't disagree that there are a few in the hole that are hardcore. Mostly, though it's a tourist town, full of the very wealthy and the balance of people trying to eke out a living.

No offense meant to the very wealthy, those eking out a living, the travelers and tourists, or anyone else.

Peace.

Frank

Overland Hadley

on a journey
The statement I was responding to indicated that Jackson Hole was hardcore.
I disagree.
But I don't disagree that there are a few in the hole that are hardcore. Mostly, though it's a tourist town, full of the very wealthy and the balance of people trying to eke out a living.

No offense meant to the very wealthy, those eking out a living, the travelers and tourists, or anyone else.

Peace.

Frank

Agreed. :victory:

disco 03

After reading this thread, I had to laugh. In 77-78 I dated a medivac nurse who worked winters in Jackson, and skied there very frequently. Common thought was ANYONE who refered to Jackson as "Jackson Hole" was either a tourist or a ski-bum wannabe. :ylsmoke:

Wyowanderer

Explorer
After reading this thread, I had to laugh. In 77-78 I dated a medivac nurse who worked winters in Jackson, and skied there very frequently. Common thought was ANYONE who refered to Jackson as "Jackson Hole" was either a tourist or a ski-bum wannabe. :ylsmoke:

It's still the same today.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Or anyone who asks who Jackson was and why its his hole?

A lot of the old timers I met there still call it jacksons.

But yup i definitely fall into the tourist category. Hardcore elsewhere isn't hardcore in wyoming.

-Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior