coilover shock / strut issue

98roamer

Explorer
I was replacing my front coils and struts/coilover shocks tonight and during my test drive the passenger side sounded loose. Sure enough the top nut is about an 1/2 inch from the large top washer but the nut is tight. It's tightened all the way down; it's like the center shaft is 1/2" to tall.
The driver's side is fine and it was installed the same way just after the passenger side.

Does this ring any bells?????

The shocks are brand new Tokico.

Thanks for your help!!!

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
98roomer said:
I was replacing my front coils and struts/coilover shocks tonight and during my test drive the passenger side sounded loose. Sure enough the top nut is about an 1/2 inch from the large top washer but the nut is tight. It's tightened all the way down; it's like the center shaft is 1/2" to tall.
The driver's side is fine and it was installed the same way just after the passenger side.

Does this ring any bells?????

The shocks are brand new Tokico.

Thanks for your help!!!

There is a rubber spacer between under that washer did you put that in?

98roamer

Explorer
Yes, when you lift up the large washer there's a black bushing under it. Is that what you're referring to?

valerieO

Observer
fixed!

When I installed it I missed the rubber bushing that goes under the top plate. Now another 90 minutes later it's fixed.

Thanks for the reply, for I've been away awhile.

98roamer

Explorer
I just realized that I posted the fix to my issue when my wife was still logged on. What a bone head, but I was really excited that it was an easy fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan