Coleman 425e Conversion vs Camp Chef Everest

kbahus

Adventurer
Looking at some propane stove options since my camper is plumbed for propane. I have a Coleman 425e white gas that has served me well and looks to be easily converted to propane. How do these stoves run on propane? It has never been a powerful stove on white gas and I am wondering how it would stack vs buying something new. I would be looking at a Camp Chef Everest probably, or something similar for comparison. If performance is going to be similar it is no brainer to do the conversion in my mind.

llamalander

There is nothing similar to the Camp Chef Everest--20k btu vs. 8-12k for everything else.
If you like waiting for meals, taking long walks while water boils or holding a pot high to get a simmer... anything else will do. If you want mighty heat and amazing adjustability, get the Camp Chef and don't worry about the build quality--it will work and keep working well.

NMNomad

I have the Camp Chef Mountaineer, which is the Everest 2x bigger brother. I have been nothing but impressed with it. We did a seafood boil recently with it. Talk about portable capability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior