Colorado Front Range Paddle

kerry

Expedition Leader
This Saturday 3/19 is the multi club paddle trip from Evans to Kersey on the South Platte river. Last year there were about 60 boats I think, mixture of canoes and kayaks. Meet at 9am at the park in Evans. 9 miles of paddling. More info at the Rocky Mountain Canoe club website under 'schedule'.
River is flat with some current, depending on the level. No rapids. A couple of dams to carry over or around. Some sweepers on the outside of bends. Weather is predicted to be warm and sunny. Good way to start the paddling season.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I don't usually paddle with that big a group but it's great fun. So many different designs of boats, ages and social classes of people enjoying the water at once is awesome.

Scott39

Adventurer
Darn, I wish I could go but I have to move this weekned, and I jusgot me a 16' Pamlico off of Craigslist for $250 I can't wait to try out. Hope everybody has fun, take lots of pictures and post them up.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Attendance was down. Only 36 boats this year. Weather was mid-60's sunny and no wind. Flow was 520 cfs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12