Combination: Roof Rack + Storage Box + Faring

clintium

I have a tundra + alucab canopy camper. If you haven’t seen the combo, there’s kind of a big gap between the roof of the cab and the Alu cab camper. It looks a little awkward. More importantly, it’s gotta be pretty bad for my aerodynamics and gas mileage. It also could be a pretty good storage solution.

I’ve been bouncing around all these ideas to create some kind of custom solution. These are the salient characteristics I’m after:
-faring that goes approximately to the same vertical elevation as the roof of the alubcab
-enclosed and lockable sides for security (I’m imagining storing a small generator and a starlink dishy in this space).
-enclosed top with ability to either mount dishy on outside or penetrate the top (primarily security, but some weather proofing would be nice for the generator)

Im imagining basically a large box that would sit on the cab. Front face would be sloped as steep as possible.

An option to get started is just to buy a roof rack. From there I could somewhat piece the rest together. The more I think about it, I feel like there’s probably something out there that already exists like this. Any suggestions?

here’s a link to some photos of the setup so maybe you can imagine what I’m trying to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior