Compact Carbon Steel Cookware

Bbrreenntt

Hey there Folks!

I'm in the midst of starting a cookware company creating professional quality cookware specifically designed for adventure travel. The plan is to create a set of nesting carbon steel pans that have a completely removable handle. I'm looking for a little bit of feed back on how you guys, Overland Chef people, use your cookware, and what you love and hate about it.

Could you take a couple of minutes to complete this survey I've put together?

My company is going to be called GOSO Cookware. GOSO is an acronym for Get Outside, Stay Outside. The business is called that because that's what we want people to do, to get outside, get away from the distraction of everyday life, take the time to make an awesome meal, stay outside and enjoy it all.

Thanks so much for you feedback folks. I'm really stoked to make these pans a reality and have some excellent cookware while out on the trail.

shirk

Filled out the survey.

We are fans of carbon steel pans, it's all we use at home and found a suitable pan to carry with us in our camp set.

Interesting to see your handle design.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Again, good luck, pots and pans salesmen have been on this planet for a thousand years, probably more. Best steak I ever had was cooked on an open fir on a slab of oak wood, no skillet, just over an open fire.

Oh, sorry, folks don't know how to cook meat or vegies over an open fire anymore, it's pretty simple but to complicated for Neanderthals' in 2023.

SBSYNCRO

Just saw this and filled out the survey. I use carbon steel pans at home (most of them vintage French stuff that I collected over the years). I'm a fairly serious home chef and love the way carbon steel cooks if it is polished and seasoned correctly. I stopped buying (and throwing away) disposable teflon egg pans once I discovered cooking eggs on a well seasoned carbon steel pan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior