Concession Window on a Toy Hauler

650nmWolf

I posted this in the Expedition trailer forum, but maybe it has a better place here...

------------------------------

Does anyone have any strong thoughts on this? I am placing an order in the next 24 hours for a custom 16' toy hauler trailer. I really wanted to go with a Seitz S4 Hinged window from Europe, but they are too difficult to acquire here in the US. My next thought was to go with a basic concession window like this:

CT_04.jpg

On the surface it looks like a good fit for me. I want a large window, that opens wide, with a screen. I can use it as a pass through from the interior of the camper/trailer to the outdoor/ under fabric awning living space. The rigid awning/door will protect the glass while traveling also.

The only drawbacks I see would be 1) looking like a doughnut salesman, and 2) efficiency R values. I have a roof mounted AC and will supplement with additional heating in the winter. Closing the rigid awning/door and adding some curtains may actually negate any inefficiencies, but I dont know.

Am I missing any major disadvantages? Thanks for any thoughts!

Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Go for it. The benefits far outweigh the possible 'R' loss. A lot of enclosed car haulers have a large door on the on the side that looks just like the concession window (long and short to clear the trailer wheels) so you can get out after driving the car into the trailer. So instead of a donut salesman, they will just think you are hauling your 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior