Convertible Bed/Seat, What Are They Called?

I'd like to convert my 2nd row seat to the conversion van seat/bed I used to see back in the day, but I have no idea what those seats are called or where to get one. I don't need anything powered, just something easier to use than my folded and stowed seat/bedframe combo and results in a full size bed. This would be for a Chevy Express.

scottrinne

I bought a jack knife rear seat from a ford conversion van and put it into our Express van. I found it in a junk yard for around $20. ...I removed the fabric and adapted it fit our build. I cut up a king size foam mattress from Amazon and put upholstery around it. We added an extension into the 'hallway' of the van so we can sleep with more room, but we did sleep diagonal in the bed for a couple years before building the extension.

Attachments

• IMG_7669.JPG
    IMG_7669.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7673.JPG
    IMG_7673.JPG
    822.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7676.JPG
    IMG_7676.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7677.JPG
    IMG_7677.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7678.JPG
    IMG_7678.JPG
    800 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7679.JPG
    IMG_7679.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7682.JPG
    IMG_7682.JPG
    825.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7683.JPG
    IMG_7683.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I have an electric bench seat with a center console that reclines and ultimately makes into a full bed, it will fit Ford, Chevy or Dodge vans, just get floor hardware or bolt it down.
Clean, no rips, tears or stains, black and tan material, it can be covered to match whatever.

I bought it for a van conversion and sold the van, the bed has been in my garage, come get it and we'll load it up, how about $200.00?

I have an electric bench seat with a center console that reclines and ultimately makes into a full bed, it will fit Ford, Chevy or Dodge vans, just get floor hardware or bolt it down.
Clean, no rips, tears or stains, black and tan material, it can be covered to match whatever.

I bought it for a van conversion and sold the van, the bed has been in my garage, come get it and we'll load it up, how about $200.00?
PM sent

I finally found one (free!) from an Econoline conversion van. I'll work on the installation once I get it cleaned.

The floor mounts look very week compared to the large structural mounts my current seat has. It appears to bolt to the floor using a couple small bolts. Is this normal?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I finally found one (free!) from an Econoline conversion van. I'll work on the installation once I get it cleaned.

The floor mounts look very week compared to the large structural mounts my current seat has. It appears to bolt to the floor using a couple small bolts. Is this normal?
Haven’t seen enough to know what is “normal”.
The conversion van bench I have from a ‘79 Econoline van bolts down with 4 1/4” thick x 2” x2” brackets. The holes are big enough for larger bolts, but I’ve got them held down with 4 x 1/2” bolts. I’ve got nuts secured to the bottom of the floor so that it can be removed fairly easily. The bolts are about 18” apart on a leg of 1” tubing that covers about 4’ of floor. It also has lengths of 3” seatbelt webbing to secure seatbelts to the bolt down points. It ain’t going anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior