Coolant Reservor Level after coolant flush to get my heat back on passenger side

Mitsu05

Just did a coolant flush because Monty was blowing hot air on driver side and cool air on passenger side. I took it to get a coolant flush and gunk came out but the heat did not improve but it slightly did on one vent on the passenger side but not the one close to the window. I think I can survive since the front driver's side blows way hotter to make the car warmer. The issue I am having after the flush I drove home and when I got home I got out and checked the coolant level on reservoir and it was empty. Is this normal? Should I wait for the Monty to cool down and the coolant would flow back or I need to top up?

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Coolant will flow back when cool but there should be hot/cold level markers on the reservoir, totally empty when hot seems like you might be low.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
It is located in the engine block. Check your FSM.
Access it by removing the wheel to reach the bottom of the block.
If it's never been removed, there will likely be a lot of goop that may clog the hole once the plug is removed. If so, stick a pick or screwdriver in the hole to unplug the goop. Flush the system with this open. Then flush the system with the plug installed so it includes the heater core (open heater controls).

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior