COSTA RICA!!! - month long adventure!

BruceAndKrista

Hey folks! Some of you may have seen my slowly progressing Fuso FG build on here - but we recently took a month away from that to explore Costa Rica in a Roof Top Tent - all I can say is IT WAS AMAZING! If any of you have ever thought of doing this, go for it!
As with the long slow Fuso build, we documented this adventure to share with others. Editing is (as usual for me) a long slow process - but here is the first video.

We had an amazing time, and I really recommend visiting!

Enjoy!

Unbelievable COSTA RICA adventure in a small 4x4 and Roof Top Tent!!

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
So glad you had a nice adventure! Traveling through Central America is amazing!

Did you rent the rig, or did you drive it down from the USA?
How were the boarder crossings and Mexico's "inspection" stations?

Coming north through mainland Mexico, after the better part of a year traveling to Costa Rica and back in our 1981 Toyota Pickup, was very interesting in the early 1990's.

Cheers

BruceAndKrista

So glad you had a nice adventure! Traveling through Central America is amazing!

Did you rent the rig, or did you drive it down from the USA?
How were the boarder crossings and Mexico's "inspection" stations?

Coming north through mainland Mexico, after the better part of a year traveling to Costa Rica and back in our 1981 Toyota Pickup, was very interesting in the early 1990's.

Cheers
Truck was a rental from Costa Rica - they have a great business set up down there. Check out the video and see! I can imagine all that would have been simpler, but sketchier in the 90’s!! ?

BruceAndKrista

The Caribbean coast was amazing, though we didn’t end up spending a lot of time there, the beach was awesome. Saw some cool underwater stuff, and we did a bit of a “reorganization”. Enjoy!

Is Costa Rica Beach Life really all it’s cracked up to be?

BruceAndKrista

Not sure if anyone is actually following links from this thread, but in the event that someone comes across this and is interested in Costa Rica, I’ll add the latest episode!

Freezing water, killer trees and Boating disasters! Guanacaste Costa Rica Adventures!

BruceAndKrista

When I look at the build, ship, explore I lean towards the go, build/rent/buy explore route. Part of the adventure should be meeting the people, supporting the local market, buying local. Plus discovering how they do it..... I'd rather fall in love with the local overland truck and ship it home than miss all that interaction by importing something which detaches me from the locals.

Travel should be about culture, not destination.

Well done Bruce and Krista.
Thanks for the kind words! Adventure is absolutely about meeting the people and learning about the culture! The biggest thing for us about being able to rent this, was the instantaneous nature of it. No logistics to worry about, no shipping, no importation, we just had to show up, and the adventure began! Would do it again in a heartbeat!

BruceAndKrista

Well it’s taken me WAY too long to get this edit wrapped up, but here is our favorite piece of Costa Rica so far! I’m still blown away with how amazing this whole trip was, I’d do it again in a heartbeat!

BEST beach in Costa Rica! | Nomad America RTT Rental!

BruceAndKrista

Well, it’s taken me a whole YEAR to get this last episode edited, but here it is! More time at our favorite beach, some time around lago Arenal, Mistico hanging bridges, and some great underwater sightings!

Enjoy!

Volcanos, bridges, and a BEACH THIEF! | 4x4 RTT Adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior