Creger 4x4 Motorhome Questions

Cambo

Adventurer
I am looking into a 1980 Creger motorhome that is based on an F-350 chasis with Dana 60's front and rear, a Ford 400 V-8 and t-case. Anybody ever heard of these? Pros and cons? Here are some pics of what it looks like.

Attachments

• 380.jpg
    380.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 459
  • 382.jpg
    382.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 443
  • 383.jpg
    383.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 443

truck mechanic

Adventurer
I cant help you, but I know Ive seen a few post for them in the past, and with my love of old trucks, I would kill for one of those!

xracer144

Adventurer
That 400 in there is an awesome motor. It will absolutely haul ***** with some low dollar mods. The 60's are about as tough as they come as far as diff's go. I have a real soft spot in my heart for the '79 body style. when I was in my early 20's I rebuilt a rolled shortbox 4x4. It was the ultimate beach cruising, mud bogging, Mustang eating 4x4! I only wish we had video cameras back then! Definitely some Youtube-able stunts were performed!

Pro's: lots of them around for chassis parts. Easy to build and maintain.

Con's: the 60 front is very desirable for off road projects which makes some of the parts hard to find. The camper body will be next to impossible to find replica parts for. Anything that needs to be replaced may need to be re engineered as well.

Good luck with the purchase! That's such an awesome find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior