Custom Lifted Offroad/Overland Trailer with tons of extras included!

Redeth005

Adventurer
Well I thought this day would never come. Already posted my 4runner for sale. But now I gotta sell this beast of a trailer. This one probably hurts me even more to sell because I built every bit of this trailer with my own 2 hands. Helped me bond with my step son and now wife while building and in use. I made some really great memories building up my family with this trailer. I probably love this build more then the 4Runner I posted up for sale last week but unfortunately hard times call for hard decisions and this one definitely takes the cake. It took me 3 years to finally finish building it and unfortunately I only used it for 5 trips over the past 2.5 years. One of which was the most amazing road trip I'd ever gone on. Driving from Los Angeles to Yosimite, to Lake Tahoe, to Reno Nv, klamath falls Or, to coming back to California through the redwood national park driving through Avenue of giants and back home; camping the entire trip over 2 weeks of travel. This trailer gave me the most memorable road trip I have ever gone on. And unfortunately for me and my family we gotta sell her. I only hope that who ever buys this will get some real good use out of it.

This is a heavy duty custom trailer with all kinds of glamping comforts built into it. It is currently registered as a utility trailer in California and I do have a pink slip on hand.

It was built off of a 1986 Toyota 4Runner chassis and added a tongue to it. Everything else on this trailer is custom fabricated. Most of the wire harness is passed through the chassis to keep it safe from getting nicked when off-roading on any unpaved trails. Loads of exterior lighting will make setting up or breaking down your camp site very easy at night. From forced air tent heater to the heated propane shower to onboard solar and battery bank, tons of storage for camp gear + more. I put every comfort into building this trailer. I built it with my family in mind and making everyone as comfortable as can be. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the trailer.

Trailer dimensions:
W of trailer 75.5"
L of trailer 151"
H of trailer 85.5"

Trailer tongue is 30" long on straight part. 50" including the triangular part of tongue.

- Rear storage compartment is W=4ft× H=2ft×L=4ft

Here is a list of things that are included in the build:
1) CVT Mt Rainier Summit Series roof top tent with annex Basically a CA king size bed just slightly longer. Annex is large enough to fit a full size blow up mattress. SUMMIT SERIES is the heavier duty line cvt tents make. Thicker rip-stop canvas 12v USB ports, an interior led light, better telescoping ladder and more.

2) 100watt/5.56amp Grape Solar solar panel with Sun-Force 30 amp charge controller.

3) Battery bank consists of 2 Optima blue top deep cycle batteries wired in parallel

4) Propex HS2000 propane fueled forced air heater. With extendable heater ducting to route into the roof top tent. Along with thermostat. Exhaust tubing routed under trailer.

5) Has. 3000 watt power inverter by Peak. 6000 surge watts.

6) The on board shower system consists of
- 15 gal water tank
- 1 GPM (Gallon per minute) Shurflo water pump.
- EccoTemp propane fueled water heater
- 2 water hoses one for filling up and the other for the shower head.

7) 360° white All4offroad LED lighting around the entire trailer for setting up late night camp sites or just lighting up your campground. 3 LED lights on the driver side, 1 toward the front of the trailer, 1 on the passenger side (or tent side), 2 on the inner side of the rear trailer door, 1 on the interior of the rear compartment, 3 on the underside of the trailer (as rock lights for the undercarriage), and after market thin led strips to light the inner portion of the front compartment where all the goodies are housed.

8) The electrical switch panel has 8 channels one for each of set of lights listed above. (Interior, Left, front, right, rear, undercarriage) then one for the Propane forced air heater, and the last one for the water pump. There are two 12v outlet connections and two USB connections incorporated on the 8 channel panel. Each switch has it's own fuse and it's own relay. The panel has a master on/off switch to completely cut off any usage of power when not in use. The peak power inverter has a button to turn it on and off and it is separately wired from the 8 switch panel.

9) Custom fabricated hybrid trailer axle. Made of 1/4" thick 2×2 steel. 3500lb 6x5.5 lug pattern spindles(toyota/chevy/nissan bolt pattern). With electric brakes. And it has actual 4runner spring perches mounted on the top of the axle to be able to run any size 1st gen 4runner/2nd gen toyota pick up leaf springs. With a trailer style axle ubolt flip kit.

10) Max coupler included for superior articulation in those hard to get to uncharted campsites.

11) There are 2 rings welded on the trailer tongue to be able to hold a full size bbq tank or a small 5lb tank.

10) 35/12.5/r15 BF Goodrich Km2 mud terrain tires on 15×8 procomp steel rims

11) 9.25 travel 5100 Bilstein shocks

12) 4" Lift ProComp leaf springs for 1st gen 4runner/2nd gen Toyota pickup.

13) Trailer has a 7pin connector on the harness for electric brake set up. And 12v aux charging for battery bank.

14) Rock lights are conveniently wired to light up when in reverse to help see when backing up the trailer in the dark.

15) High clearance rear bumper has a hitch receiver for D-Ring hitch recovery point, bike rack, or hitch basket as we used it for during our long road trips.

16) Custom extra wide rock sliders

17) 36" heavy duty slides for cooler slide out. 500lb weight capacity. Slide out base is made of 2 full size kitchen style chopping boards that can also be removed and used off the trailer or washed if needed. Custom mini spice rack/pantry included in slide out. The slide out was built to fit the dimensions of an Engel roto molded 80 quart cooler.

18) All latches on the trailer use tubular key and lock for more security.

Here is a list of items that are NOT included:
- Cabelas shower tent
- Honda EU2200i generator
- 80qt Engel Cooler
- Cookware
- Both Foldable tables
- Coleman Grill & Colman dual fuel stove and lanterns
- Pop up canopy.

If you want to read up in depth to what has been done on this build check out my build page here: https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/redeths-overland-trailer-build.148656/

OR check out my personal Instagram @Redeth005

I am asking $12,000 for the trailer with all the listed items. Or $10,000 without the CVT tent.

If interested text me anytime or call after 4pm weekdays. Or anytime on weekends.
(323)829-2822. My name is Richard.

Last edited:

Redeth005

Adventurer
How much does it weigh? 4Runner is squatting pretty good when hooked up.
Yes it did squat pretty bad for the road trip. But you gotta take into consideration that my 4runner is built to be a rock crawler so the leaf springs are designed to be super flexy plus the springs at this time were about 5 years old. Hence why it would sag so bad. It would actually sag even without being hooked up so when towing it was worse.

Since these pix from our road trip were taken I have upgraded my 4runner's leaf springs and added 2 springs to each rear leaf pack. Needless to say it does not sag anymore.

As for the weight. I unfortunately have never weighed the trailer. It is something I really want to do because you are not the first to ask me since I have posted the trailer for sale.

Redeth005

Adventurer
That is a really nice build. Similar to what I would love to do. Wish I had the cash to snap that up and save myself some time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. It took me a while to build my trailer on and off for about 3 years. Tons of labor and money put into this build so I hate to have to sell it.
I wish you had the money to snatch it up from me too. Haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman