Dealing with moisture

Wainiha

Explorer
Silica packets? Like in packaged food. I buy a big bag from ACE and put it in a coffee can in my truck over night. It usually has an inch or so of water in the morning.

I think it's call Damp-Rid

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
^^^^ yes "damp rid" and the one that has worked for me in this temperate rainforest is DryZAir popular with folks storing boats and campers all winter and keeps the mold from growing here in Alaska.

Stanbiker

Do you use the DryZAir while you are in the camper, or just for storage? We took the ferry over to Cordova in September, and the the condensation inside was overwhelming!

Jfet

Adventurer
If you have room, the small dehumidifiers that run on 115VAC and are like a mini air conditioner in reverse work very well. I am running one in our truck camper in the garage and it keeps the camper at 35% humidity when outside the camper it is 98%. It draws about 400 watts and I estimate it is running 25% duty cycle. A bonus is all the heat produced just warms the camper...which is what you need in the winter.

100 watts x 24 hours = 2400 watt hours...would need a honking battery bank or a smaller bank with daily generator runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12