Deaver Springs - Santa Ana, CA

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
Well . . . I went up to Deaver today . . .

I really have to eat some humble pie here, and take back every bad thing I've ever said about Deaver! I've always thought that their springs were too soft, and inadequate. There was a post on another forum recently that said no matter what rear springs you have, you're always gonna wish you had something different. I think that's especially true in the Toyota 4x4 world. I have NEVER been happy with my rear suspension.

There are SO MANY different ways people built their trucks, and everybody uses their trucks differently. After today, I really sympathize with the spring makers who have to try to make a "one size fits all" spring for the thousands of different rigs.

So I took my rear-sagging truck up to Deaver today. Jeff at Deaver got to see how my truck was sitting, sized it up, pulled the springs off the truck, took them completely apart, and rebuilt me with a custom 9-pack. My truck now sits level (just about EXACTLY level!). It rides SO MUCH BETTER NOW! It was riding like Uncle Buck's car before. I paid a little bit more than I planned, but I think I've finally gotten everything squared away back there.

If you're in the SoCal (San Diego / LA) area, and are planning on suspension mods, I would advise you to not even bother with buying a standard production leaf pack. It will be well worth your time and money to drive to their shop, tell them what you want, and have them tailor the springs to your truck! It costs you a little bit more in labor for them to remove and reinstall the springs, but it's important for them to be able to see what's going on, and how best to fix it. You might save a little money just taking the springs in, but you might not get exactly what you need.

Once again - my hat's off to the guys at Deaver! :victory:

jdholder

Explorer
They built my springs for my Excursion that I have now. And the F250 I had before, and the F350 I had before that, and the F350 I had before that, and the Bronco before that (rear only) and the Blazer before that, and the 85 Toyota 4Runner (First Car, wish I still had it) that I had before that.

I like those guys!

2008F450

Observer
We have used Deaver for custom stuff and upgrading existing trucks. They are first rate and worth every penny. Just wish i was still able to drive over with next project for them to look at.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I bought my rear coils through them. I believe that they get them from Coil Spring Specialties but I've been told that it is a pain to order direct from CSS.
I am very happy with the guys at Deaver.

Super Doody

Explorer
Yeah....tell us something we don't know. While you're at it, you should take back what you said about Expedition Portal. :rolleyes:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Super Doody said:
Yeah....tell us something we don't know. While you're at it, you should take back what you said about Expedition Portal. :rolleyes:

Just who are you addressing this to????

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
jagular7 said:
Glad you like the results. Did you opt for their Baja bushing in the spring eyes?
No I didn't. #1 - can't afford that right now. #2 - I don't really think it's neccessary on my truck, and I would be afraid the Baja Bushings might allow for too much movement, and negatively effect the handling characteristics for day-to-day highway driving.

Super Doody said:
I still stand by most of what I had said about ExPo. I am opposed to censorship in any form, and I despise political correctness. BUT - I do understand and respect what Scott, and the other founders of ExPo are trying to acheive. Hence the reason I'm still here, still participating, and still positively contributing. Thanks for your concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan