Disco Kalahari Edition

gjackson

FRGS
It's a wire mesh grill rather than the plastic louvres.

attachment.php

And it looks like Nathan is correct, Keith bought one and put it on his XD:

Karen has on on her Disco.. I paid $25 for it four years ago they go for a lot more than that now.. In essence it is a Standard grill with the louvers cut out to the point where the grill becomes flat all around the some rubber channel is used to finish the edges. then there is some 1/2"ish wire cloth attached to the backside to keep the rocks out.. If I get a second I can take it off and get some pics.. Pretty easy to dupicate.

From here:

http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=6501

cheers

jeff_wright

Adventurer
Yes they did. The saudi grilles for DIIs were found on Trek and Kalahari trucks I believe. Im not sure if they can be found on ebay or not.

Well, I got to look at it and drive it. It's not the truck for me. It needs a lot of work and is over priced. It did not have the SD roof rack, but did have the ladder. The hood blackout was badly checked and needed to be redone. The left rear door was a different shade of yellow although it was represented as not having been wrecked. The sliders on that side didn't show any sign of an impact, but were rusty, as was the grill guard. It was a smokers vehicle. The ABS, Traction Control and Hill Descent instrument panel lights were on and the A/C, windows and radio quit working on my test drive. Back to looking for a Series I, low miles, white Disco. It's funny, I had pretty much decided I wanted it, until I looked at it. My truck with twice the miles is in way better condition.

pangaea

Adventurer
I don't know where that truck is now. I bought it to do a mild restoration, but the truck needed a complete ground up restoration. I ended up selling it to someone who was going to do that, but IIRC he pretty much painted it green, put a V8 in and raised the sticker price on it considerably.

Unless it has been gone through considerably, it's sadly in need of some serious TLC.

That one is in the US somewhere. Nathan might know where.
:drool:

cheers

pangaea

Adventurer
Yes they did. The saudi grilles for DIIs were found on Trek and Kalahari trucks I believe. Im not sure if they can be found on ebay or not.

I'm not sure what the D2 part number is, but the for a D1 Saudi Grille, it should be DHB102590LML

You may ask Keith where he got his grille from. I believe his was an aftermarket grille and much more affordable price than LR Genuine.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not looking specifically for the Kalahari edition. It just happened that this truck appeared on my search and was just three miles from home. I allowed myself to get cought up in how simple it would be to do a deal with someone so close; no air travel, no haggling over price 500 miles from home with no return ticket. It turned out to not be the truck for me, so the search goes on. Thanks for your help.

Redsrover

I think the "Saudi Grille" is really known in the parts catalog as the Gulf States grille. So maybe search around based on that.

I bought one, the Gulf States grille, for my 1997 Disco and loved the look. Would put one on my D2 but they seem to be out of production and not available anywhere.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12