DIY Expedition Vehicle Build VIDEO

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
Sorry about you leg. I cringed when that part came up. Hope you feel better soon.

The completed project looks great. Now that you got it rolling you'll notice things you didn't plan on. You already got hit pretty hard for the lack of the spare, Jack and sufficient tools to perform a tire change anywhere. Having a ARB twin compressor would give you the ability to fill a flat, but it won't reset a bead but getting the hole repaired sooner might have kept it from de-beading.

Speaking of tires, a quality repair kit is another must.

Getting into where you stuffed it into the wind drift, you need more recovery gear. Mattrax might have helped save you some digging. On a truck that heavy I'd have winches on both ends. 15k units. Plus you need all the correct winch straps, snatch block and other winch gear to be safe.

Out where you were with no trees or other vehicles to anchor to, you could use a pull-pal to hook to. Think of it like a land anchor as the more you pull the more the blade digs in for a secure pull point.

I'm betting you'll be solo on most of your adventures (no other vehicles traveling with you) so you have to be able self recover. It might eat up some cargo area for the gear but it's a must have. Being as large as it is somebody in a smaller vehicle will struggle if they do offer to assist. So again it comes back to being self reliant.

You got time to think and plan for those items so I'd look into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12