Do any PIAA's come with covers?

Mayne

Explorer
Well as the title says... I like PIAA's product, but running them as off road lights in California requires a cover. Do they have covers for them? I've looked at their web site and found no concrete info.

Thanks

Mayne:safari-rig:

tomak

As far as I know you can get solid lens covers for their round lights with > 55W bulbs, such as the 580 series. Not sure about the others.
Would you need covers for lights with <55W bulbs though? Maybe, depending on the number of lights you are running. It's been a while since I read the California Code.

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
My PIAA 520s only came with the rock guards. I went to Pep Boys and purchased a pair of soft KC Light covers that fit perfectly. You can see them by clicking on the link in my sig below.

Mayne

Explorer
tomak said:
As far as I know you can get solid lens covers for their round lights with > 55W bulbs, such as the 580 series. Not sure about the others.
Would you need covers for lights with <55W bulbs though? Maybe, depending on the number of lights you are running. It's been a while since I read the California Code.

Yeah they need to be covered, as they are going on my roof basket, and John Q Law could get irked. I'll look into the KC soft covers, thanks for the info.

Mayne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan