Do they make a 1/4x20 threaded eyelet I can use as a lashing point on my roof rack?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Yes - any good hardware store should have it. If you need stainless steel you might need to check a marine store or such.

I am assuming you mean a eye-bolt type fastener.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Yes - any good hardware store should have it. If you need stainless steel you might need to check a marine store or such.

I am assuming you mean a eye-bolt type fastener.

Cool... Thanks!

Yes an eye bolt. I'm not sure how strong they are but I imagine it will be strong enough for what I might be attaching to it since it will likely be light.

Thanks!

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i think you need to hand over your man card for a week or so,,, i mean really you should be walking around ACE or something enough to have at least seen it.:sombrero:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
i think you need to hand over your man card for a week or so,,, i mean really you should be walking around ACE or something enough to have at least seen it.:sombrero:

I've seen tons of eye bolts. Just wasn't sure if I'd seen stainless ones so nope still retaining the man card. Trust me, I'm on a 1st name basis with the folks at Ace, OSH, HD, & Lowes.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
LOL,,,,,,,,

OSH for auto safety house yeah? i have been more and more disapointed with my local OSH,,, just dont seem to have much of anything anymore, i hope yours is beter.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
LOL,,,,,,,,

OSH for auto safety house yeah? i have been more and more disapointed with my local OSH,,, just dont seem to have much of anything anymore, i hope yours is beter.

Yeah, I was talking with an old timer and he said the problem is they've gone more corporate with their suppliers. I recall when they were the place to get nuts/bolts especially odd sizes in volume boxes (not just the plastic bags). These day's they carry the same thing as HD used to and now HD has the Grade 5 & 8 bolts in large sizes that OSH doesn't carry.

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
I was gona say... If you want a gold embossed "Man Card" you ned a McMaster Carr catalog. They have stuff you never knew existed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998