Dust or Glory: Alternative Fuel Expedition

viter

Adventurer
what happened to the adventure report? nobody is going to write it anymore? no pictures either? or did I miss something?

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Oh man this coverage has been a disaster. I finally got the pics from our photographer a few days ago. Only 6 month late. Anyway I am putting together the story per the pics and should have it finoshed next week and then off to scott.

All I can say is Baja 2007 is going to be alot better. We are already learnoing about true satellite options for internet access. This way we will be able to do what we wanted to last year and have a dialy updated blog and maybe even some live chat options.

So far we have already got a whole new front solid axle suspensin done on Mikes truck Coilover system it is insane. we have a bunch of new sponsors on board and the list is growing every week.

I have a meeting Sunday with a very good body man about helping do the cab swap on my rig. so hopefully their will be a sawsall in my near future. We have another tacoma and a sweet Land Rover that have joined the crew. The Land Rover was just shipped back from OZ. It was competing in the outback challenge so a very experience vehicle and driver which is good.

We have a phone conferance with truck Universe, Lokey Trucks, and Team McMillan in 2 weeks to coordinate when we will be in Ensenada. Right now we area planning the 10th tentatively. That will give us 10 days to drive to sonoyta, then rocky point to el golfo. Then hard road to Ensenada & Drive the course to Cabo in 4 days. then hard road to Ensenada to meet the race team. we will see how it goes.

viter

Adventurer
Nullifier said:
Oh man this coverage has been a disaster. I finally got the pics from our photographer a few days ago. Only 6 month late. Anyway I am putting together the story per the pics and should have it finoshed next week and then off to scott.

All I can say is Baja 2007 is going to be alot better. We are already learnoing about true satellite options for internet access. This way we will be able to do what we wanted to last year and have a dialy updated blog and maybe even some live chat options.

So far we have already got a whole new front solid axle suspensin done on Mikes truck Coilover system it is insane. we have a bunch of new sponsors on board and the list is growing every week.

I have a meeting Sunday with a very good body man about helping do the cab swap on my rig. so hopefully their will be a sawsall in my near future. We have another tacoma and a sweet Land Rover that have joined the crew. The Land Rover was just shipped back from OZ. It was competing in the outback challenge so a very experience vehicle and driver which is good.

We have a phone conferance with truck Universe, Lokey Trucks, and Team McMillan in 2 weeks to coordinate when we will be in Ensenada. Right now we area planning the 10th tentatively. That will give us 10 days to drive to sonoyta, then rocky point to el golfo. Then hard road to Ensenada & Drive the course to Cabo in 4 days. then hard road to Ensenada to meet the race team. we will see how it goes.

it's all cool. better to be busy then bored!
and thanks to the link Scott posted I just watched the short videos from Baja!

sawzalls are cool till you figure out that you cut off too much and you can't just glue it back together ;)

did you drive back on the racecourse after the race? if so how did you like the really worn out trails? at least in my short experiences some trails get chewed up immensely...

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Driving back on the course was no problem because of where we were. The course ran along the coast north of Bajia de los angeles. The worst part we saw was a ravine not far from Coco's corner. it has a few water crossings which I have no idea how some of the vehicles got through cause it was headlight deep on my tacoma.

The rest was in descent shape. I'm guessing the silt beds were the worst but we did not encounter those after the race.

I'm still working on some of the details but I'm almost done. I just ave nly had 1 day off in the past 2 weeks and have ben putting in ike 14 hr days on average. I keep blowin past every goal I set for this trip report! I'm a slacker what can I say.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Mike sent a rediculously long "story" to Scott with tons of pics and stuff but as far as I know nothing as happened. I assume the Expo journal truck buyilds and trips have limited Scott's time to get back to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12