Eastern Canada Hunting

jh504

Explorer
I was thinking of doing something different this year, like a Caribou hunt in Quebec or something along those lines. I would even consider going for Muleys or Blacktail. I am not looking for a lodge where I can shell out a ton of cash for a guided hunt, I would rather just purchase licenses, pack up, and head across the border to camp and hunt solo. Has anyone had any experience with solo hunting big game in Eastern Canada? I welcome all advice and experiences.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I have done some pac-in hunting in BC. Many provinces in Canada require that non-Canadians employ a licensed outfitter. I would start by checking that.

jh504

Explorer
Mike S said:
I have done some pac-in hunting in BC. Many provinces in Canada require that non-Canadians employ a licensed outfitter. I would start by checking that.

Thanks for the advice. I have checked on outfitters in Ontario for Moose hunts but I do not have the money to shell out for that kind of thing. I guess I need to find out if non-residents in Quebec can even hunt without an outfitter.

jh504

Explorer
Mike S said:

Does BC require a guide to hunt or can you hunt solo there?

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I BC you need to hire a guide for big game hunting. Not sure about birds. You CAN hunt solo in Alaska and any of the Western states.

jh504

Explorer
Thanks all for the help and info. I am know I am starting a little late this year for most places, but hopefully I will come up with something.

jh504

Explorer
I am going to bring this back up to the top because I am altering thoughts. Does anyone have any experience hunting Sitka Blacktails in Alaska? Alaska hunters chime in! If I understand correctly an out-of-towner can purchase a non-resident hunting license, get a charter in to somewhere like Kodiak, and hunt blacktail unguided. Any thoughts on this route from the outdoorsmen of the north??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12