EP climbing trip?

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
A few years ago I stumbled upon a climbing utopia. As far as I know nobody has climbed there. It is close to Bishop California but not in the Sierra's. Climbs range from 75' to 400', crack and slab climbing everywhere. I have done a few climbs there but am always lacking a partner when the time comes to head up there. I was wondering if we could get together a group of folks from EP to head up next Summer? It is located in the White Mountains, East of Bishop. Here are a few pictures to wet your appetite:) It is situated at 9k feet and has a nice stream running through the valley. It reminds me a lot of Joshua Tree, except with grass and water and of course much cooler Summer temps.

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I'd go again, I can run the Belay from the bottom :)

My son was talking about that trip just the other day. He is 9 now, and way more confident:
IMG_8835.jpg

Last edited:

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I am going to try and nail down a date for a climbing trip. I'll post it as soon as I get it confirmed. I'm thinking September. Location will be the White Mountains just East of Bishop, see pictures above. It will be very low key but I would like to establish some multi pitch routes on some of the larger formations. I'm way out of shape so 5.8-5.10 will be about the limit for me.
Whos interested?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Kevin, I'd still be up for this, just to run belay or help spot, moral support, or just to keep the campfire going :)

I want to thank you again for the wonderful time we had two years ago. Though my son was a bit challenged at the time, he has grown much more confident and fondly remembers that trip. In fact, he had his 10th birthday a few weeks ago and HIS choice was to go rock climbing at an indoor facility called Rock City. He loved it, and I enjoyed listening to him tell all his friends about that time he climbed "real rocks" up in the mountains with Kevin.

So thanks again. That adventure was a really good influence on him.

309508940_3ncJ8-L-2.jpg

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Nathan,

Good to hear he is excited about climbing. My kids are getting more in to it also. I bought shoes, harness and chalk bags for them this year. I have a climbing wall in my garage that is essentially takes up one half of the garage and garage ceiling. They both love it, especially my 5 y/o daughter. Grace has all the moves down and even looks at my Alpinist www.alpinist.com magazines. If it doesn't conflict with school I will probably take them with me if I can nail down a date.

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
There's a chance I'll be working in California (Fullerton) for the rest of the year so sign me up, just in case! I can usually climb 5.8/5.9. Usually...

Cheers,
Graham

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
grahamfitter said:
There's a chance I'll be working in California (Fullerton) for the rest of the year so sign me up, just in case! I can usually climb 5.8/5.9. Usually...

Cheers,
Graham

Your in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan