Everest Region Trekking Slideshow Benefit - Washington State

pwc

Explorer
What: A Narrated Slideshow of a Three Week Trek through the Everest Region of Nepal
When: Friday April 13th, 2007 7:30pm
Where: Bayview Cash Store Front Room, Whidbey Island, WA
Why: To Help Build a School in Nepal through Room to Read (roomtoread.org)
How Much: A Suggested Tax-Deductible Donation of $20 per person (children are half price)

Specifics:
Come join us for an evening of exploration through one of the highest regions in the world! Backed by traditional Nelapi music and narrated by the trekkers themselves, the slideshow presentation will capture what life is like on the trail while highlighting the breathtaking scenery which characterizes this region and its people.
The presentation will be followed by a Question & Answer session with trek participants.

All proceeds from the presentation will go to Room to Read, specifically for a project to help build a school in Nepal. Room to Read partners with local communities in need of school or library facilities and creates a Challenge Grant, requiring the local community to raise part of the funds as well as supply land and labor for the school. Over 280 school and 3,600 libraries have been built with this model of local involvement, helping enhance the education of over 1.2 million children. On hand to answer questions will be a volunteer with Room to Read who has visited many library and school projects in Nepal.

Also on exhibit in the Front Room is a display of photographs taken in the Everest Region during the trek. Framed and unframed photos will be available for immediate sale with 100% of the net proceeds donated to the school building project.

The Cash Store is located here: 48° 0'26.32"N 122°27'41.62"W Take the Whidbey Island Ferry from Mukilteo to Clinton. Follow Hwy 525 up to Bayview Road and take a right. Turn into the parking lot before or after the community hall on the left (first white building). The Cash Store is right on the corner by the nursery.

We will also be having a Seattle showing, but details aren't firm yet.

If you won't be able to make it, but would still like to donate, click here!! Be sure to enter Carey Family School in the Special Instructions section.

061009-103433-1990_std.jpg

061006-143725-0668_std.jpg

061014-115015-2750_std.jpg

061022-083422-2572_std.jpg

bootzilla

Adventurer
I'm on the wrong coast to go to the event - but that looks like it will be a very cool presentation!

I have no desire to climb that mountain, but I would absolutely love to hike in and be able to see it first-hand...

pwc

Explorer
We are trying to organize a showing in the New Jersey/NYC area but it will not have most of the speakers. I'll be posting more locations as we have them set in stone

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Phenominal photos!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Is that you passing a disc to the little boy? What a cool and unique gift.

I wish I could make this event to see your slideshow and to go back to Whidbey Island. What a great area you live in.

pwc

Explorer
Thanks for the compliments, but they should go to my wife who took the photos. Actually, the photos at the slideshow will be from 4 different photographers, the lion's share being from my wife. I was at home for this trip. :( But got to spend a month with my daughter. :)

Whidbey is indeed a great place to live. I really like the quality of life and neighbors.

pwc

Explorer
BUMP!

109813140-M.jpg

A reminder that this slideshow is tomorrow night for those in the area. We also have one in Seattle at the REI store on June 8th.

The slideshow will be followed by a reception and showing of 41 prints created from the trip. All prints will be on sale until Sunday the 15th at the Bayview Front Room.

Additionally, all prints are available for sale on our site hiddencreekphoto.com. A link to the Nepal specific photos can be found here. Please note, if you wish to purchase a wide angle or abnormally tall photo that will be cropped improperly (there are about 7 on the site), please contact me directly so we can arrange for proper printing and delivery.

Lastly, all photo sale profits until July, 2007 will be donated to our project.

142268617-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears