Everyday, do-everything rig camera?

zimm

Expedition Leader
The fact that camera runs old lenses is of use to people that are upgradeing. Maybe. Other than that, who cares? He's spending 300 on a camera.

Op, go on b&h photo and pick a few in your budget and come back for opinions. There will likely be people here that have lived with a few firsthand and and uninformed rumors about issues that will never concern u won't matter.

While it may seem odd to have them profit from you, they know cameras and are 100% honest. That camera will be as rated. No guesswork. No getting shafted from some dude 800 miles away in an attempt to save 40 bucks. ... In fact... just call and ask them, as they know more than anyone here.

Viggen

Just here...
OP, check out KEH Camera. Purchased from them many times. They are 100% straight up, reliable, and honest. I have personally never bought a new camera or lens ever. With places like KEH and honest sellers, I do not see the point.

Townsend

Observer
VICTORY

Wanted to give everyone an update and let you all know I found a deal and setup I couldn't pass up, for a crazy deal (IMHO).

Here's the info from the seller:

Canon 40D body (great shape, works perfectly) - 10.1MP, Dig!c III processor, 6.5fps, self cleaning mirror, Live View
2 batteries, 1 charger
28-135 Canon lens with Image Stabilization (auto focus)
50mm Canon lens F1.8 (auto focus)

Wired shutter release remote
AV cable
EF Focusing Screen
Canon Strap
All original manuals and software

5 Sandisk CF media cards:
(x3) Ultra II 4gb
(x1) Ultra II 2gb
(x1) Extreme III 2gb

And here's a picture of everything:

40d.jpg

I couldn't be more excited. My dad has a 40D and I've always loved it. Also excited to have the additional (probably primary) 28-135 lens, and everything I need to get going. Although the seller was asking a lot more, I was able to get him down to $250, and he works right up the road from me so I'm picking it up from him in the next few days. He even had a website of his photography so it was cool to see this exact setup in action.

EDIT --> Almost forgot! THANK YOU GUYS! I truly appreciate all the advice and sharing of knowledge. I've been on a lot of different forums, and it's refreshing to find one with such a strong, educated subscriber base. Cheers :beer::beer:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
That's a fantastic deal! I don't know anything about the 28-135 lens, but that 50mm 1.8 is widely regarded as one of the best lens deals out there, and has the nickname of the "Nifty Fifty" It takes marvelous photos, despite its relatively lightweight construction. Be sure to post up your results!

Townsend

Observer
That's a fantastic deal! I don't know anything about the 28-135 lens, but that 50mm 1.8 is widely regarded as one of the best lens deals out there, and has the nickname of the "Nifty Fifty" It takes marvelous photos, despite its relatively lightweight construction. Be sure to post up your results!

Thanks! I'm ecstatic and will let you all know how it looks when I pick it up Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan

Lost in Space
Cano T5, $251 refurbished at Canon's site with code QQCC15.

Just passing on the deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior