exhaust jacks?

rideglobally

Adventurer
i have a 8000 pound rig. what is the best exhaust jack for the money. the arb cost twice as much as the titan, on the picture they look the same. there is a 3 ton titan on ebay for $129. what are you using any other suggestions? i will be purchasing one... thank....:arabia:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I've had both the Titan and still use the Bushranger (ARB) to this day and in fact no longer carry a hi-lift in my Tacoma as the ex-jack has literally replaced its every use for me. While they do look similar, the Bushranger is thicker material, has the shraeder valve (the Titan I had did not), the Bushranger bag is better and the hose longer. Things might have changed since the Titan model I had but it was enough to convince me not only to sell the one I had in favor of the Bushranger but not carry the Titan in my shop. Disclaimer I do carry the Bushranger but only after personally using one for quite some time.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I am with Kurt on this one..
I have the ARB and it is all I will use, I played with the Titan just enough to know I didn't think it held a candle to the ARB.

Oh and if you are worried about rig wgt, well my old beat up ARB lifted the front of an 11,000 lb Sportsmobile :)

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I have been using the "Titan exhaust air jack" with very good success. Now that I say that, I believe I did purchase mine from Chandler Products. However mine is not labeled Titan anywhere. I have had mine for many years now. It is an orange bag and has the 1994 4x4 product of the year award PES patch on the side. I believe that mine is the four ton model which works fine for my now fullsize truck. At the time, I believe the main difference for me between the three ton and four ton models was the height of the bag. The bag itself is marked Offroad 4x4. The directions appear to be in German? Mine did come with the schrader valve attachment and two adapters for different size pipes, gloves, and an extension hose. I bought mine on ebay under $80 probably about five years ago now.
The last one I saw purchased came with only one adapter , one hose and no schrader valve. Still that would not be a deal breaker for me. I did easily gather the pieces to fill the package.
I keep a couple pieces of thin belting material to protect the bag from sharps under the vehicle. I can offer a comparison on the bag materials, but the new bag and mine appeared to be very much the same.

Keep in mind that these bags are rated to lift half the vehicle weight. A 4ton bag lifts just over 4,000 lbs, not 8k as one might think.
If I were to purchase another, I would not be afraid to buy a Titan. You will want to be careful with any inflatable system. I feel comfortable with the durability of this one.
My "Handy-man gathers" dust in the shop now. Glad of that too. Airbag is a much better fit for my needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998