Extreme Outback Offers Submersible Air Compressor

Scott Brady

Founder
Extreme Outback Offers Submersible Air Compressor

Vacaville, CA - Extreme Outback Products goes off the deep end with its new ExtremeAire Triton. Believed to be the world's first submersible continuous-duty electric compressor, the fully sealed Triton has a 100-percent duty cycle. Crucial components include a 1.5-horsepower fan-cooled motor and other parts shared with Extreme Outback's "normal" ExtremeAire Magnum compressor: permanently lubed and sealed bearings, heat-dissipating cylinder coating and stainless steel hardware.
The ExtremeAire Triton can be mounted in any position. It's ideal for off-road, RV, agricultural, military, construction and motorsports support: Uses include tire and air-suspension inflation, powering pneumatic tools, and actuating Air Lockers and train horns. Working pressure is 150 psi (80-amp draw). Dimensions are 16 x 6 x 9 inches, weight is 21 pounds. 12- and 24-volt models are available, and Extreme Outback offers an extensive line of installation kits and pneumatic accessories. The ExtremeAire Triton won a Global Media Best New Product award at the 2009 SEMA trade show.

For more information, please contact Extreme Outback Products, 866-447-7711, info@extremeoutback.com, www.extremeoutback.com.

Complete Specs

attachment.php

Attachments

• EOB_Triton.jpg
    EOB_Triton.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 378

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I know the Magnum I have under the WAVE has been treated pretty rough and it just keeps on working without fail.
And before that the Extreme Outback High Output I had on the roof rack of the FJC was treated even worse and is still strong and faithful.
Great company and great product

jdholder

Explorer
Hmmm - so how does it extract the air from the water when it is completely submerged? :)

I had an Extreme Outback on my Excursion - and it just plain worked! Good products!

SilverBullet

Explorer
Hmmm - so how does it extract the air from the water when it is completely submerged? :)

I had an Extreme Outback on my Excursion - and it just plain worked! Good products!

x2, where does it get the air to work under water? Does it include a air hose "snorkel" system?

chet

island Explorer
I would think they mean fully submersible while not in use. Why would you want to use your compressore while its underwater?

jdholder

Explorer
I would think they mean fully submersible while not in use. Why would you want to use your compressor while its underwater?

Pretty obvious why - to BREATHE!! :)

Anyway, I hope everyone noticed my smiley - I was kidding around.

FYI - my last Outback Extreme (while not specifically rated for being "fully submersible") was fully submersed countless times and worked flawlessly!!

Great product!

Scott Brady

Founder
The critical application would be to frame mount the unit and have a remote inlet. Get all that weight down low and in a little-used space.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I would think they mean fully submersible while not in use. Why would you want to use your compressore while its underwater?

Lots of folks plumb thier compressor intakes into thier airbox... connected to the snorkel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998