F150 suspension mods, Help needed

zeke2.0

Adventurer
I've heard that a 2" lift should not put excessive wear and tear on the CV's. The single biggest problem I've had with my F-150 going over bad roads is the need for more frequent front end alignments.

motrhed

Observer
I have decided to go with a Rancho 4" lift and 35" Toyo M/T's. I know from experience how these kits ride (on a Chev HD) and it will raise the belly of the truck up and out of the mud and ruts...
I will post a pic when all the parts are in and installed.

motrhed

Observer
I have decided to go with a Rancho 4" lift and 35" Toyo M/T's. I know from experience how these kits ride (on a Chev HD) and it will raise the belly of the truck up and out of the mud and ruts...
I will post a pic when all the parts are in and installed.

Plans have changed... I have cancelled the lift as I have changed jobs and the new roads are much smoother high grade gravel. Too bad, I was curious to see how the F150 would handle with the lift, better shocks, and the 35" Toyo MT's. However, I am happy to keep the cash in my jeans!

my1stcummins

Adventurer
What site are you going to? I know that the East Athabasca Highway out to Kearl/Husky/Firebag can get pretty bad after the rain we've had up here. Our F350 15pass shuttle van was tail happy the entire way :( I love getting on paved roads now and not having to listen to these work trucks shake themselves apart.

motrhed

Observer
What site are you going to? I know that the East Athabasca Highway out to Kearl/Husky/Firebag can get pretty bad after the rain we've had up here. Our F350 15pass shuttle van was tail happy the entire way :( I love getting on paved roads now and not having to listen to these work trucks shake themselves apart.

Other side of the province, northwest of Grande Cache... right in the mountains!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears