Favorite Mitsu OEM parts online dealer? (and valve lash adjusters).

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
Mine used to be Mitsubishipartswarehouse (R.C. Hill Mitsubishi). They recently changed security features, and I have to jump through hoops to even be able to complete the online order, 4 tries failed, including phone calls, so I have reluctantly fired them. My nearest dealer is over an hour's drive.

Who do you like?

Speaking of OEM, can anybody recommend good quality aftermarket valve lash adjusters? (lifters). I've bought a few at a time from Mitsubishi, and pulled some decent ones from a donor car I had, but at some point, I have to replace them. ~ $ 550.00 for OEM is tough. I see others offered, but have a bit of concern about the quality. (We have two 3.5L 6G74's as daily drivers).

Thanks in advance.

evomaki

Observer
That part for OEM is super expensive as you stated. I have a valve lash adjuster recommendation backed by sketchy evidence, which might be better than nothing. I've replaced these on two vehicles with parts labelled "Melling" from Autozone. I've not been impressed. One vehicle tics at idle with oil pressure just below 30psi per the gauge (maybe 27 to 28psi). The other is OK. I'm convinced it is the lash adjusters and just ordered different ones from Rock Auto. These are AJUSA. Says they are made in Spain. Melling was China, and for what it is worth (not much) the AJUSA packaging is nice. Little individual hermetically sealed blister packages, joined in a bigger sheet. So someone cared enough of their stuff to package them nice. Worth a darn? Who knows. I have not installed yet. I used to order from RC Hill. No longer have a go to.

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
That part for OEM is super expensive as you stated. I have a valve lash adjuster recommendation backed by sketchy evidence, which might be better than nothing. I've replaced these on two vehicles with parts labelled "Melling" from Autozone. I've not been impressed. One vehicle tics at idle with oil pressure just below 30psi per the gauge (maybe 27 to 28psi). The other is OK. I'm convinced it is the lash adjusters and just ordered different ones from Rock Auto. These are AJUSA. Says they are made in Spain. Melling was China, and for what it is worth (not much) the AJUSA packaging is nice. Little individual hermetically sealed blister packages, joined in a bigger sheet. So someone cared enough of their stuff to package them nice. Worth a darn? Who knows. I have not installed yet. I used to order from RC Hill. No longer have a go to.
I looked at the Melling as well. In the old days, anything they made/marketed was generally good stuff. Today, all bets are off with China parts. I just did an online order successfully with Daytona Mitsubishi today. Prices well within range of R. C. Hill. Similar online order process/appearance, but no hiccups with security. We'll see about shipping and order turn. Excellent info on the AJUSA lash adjusters, and your newly acquired "lash adjuster guinea pig" status. We will await a good report.

Last edited:

ajm291

I installed these years ago when I pulled the heads off of the block in my 2006 Montero:

Ebay lifters

The truck has been running strong for years without any issues after putting the engine back together.

PaydayGabe

I used the Ajusa lifter kit from Rockauto.
, no issues whatsoever. Recommended.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger