FG rear sway bar

GR8ADV

Explorer
As my 2003 FG camper sits up around 12 feet high to the AC, I am looking for a rear sway bar for highway use mostly. It would be great if it were adjustable with the ability to disconnect. Any ideas on where I could find one without having to reinvent the wheel on a custom one? I saw the one that Hackney had, and I do not have the means to re-create that. Maybe if that one is not in use anymore...

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
As my 2003 FG camper sits up around 12 feet high to the AC, I am looking for a rear sway bar for highway use mostly. It would be great if it were adjustable with the ability to disconnect. Any ideas on where I could find one without having to reinvent the wheel on a custom one? I saw the one that Hackney had, and I do not have the means to re-create that. Maybe if that one is not in use anymore...

The sprinter 2500 and 3500 vans have a pretty stout sway bar in the rear that seems like it would be easily adapted to a fuso - and there is a shop south of Portland that has heavier duty versions that they install on the motorhome versions - I would give Upscale Automotive a call and/or drop by with the Fuso to have them look at it. Sway bars are fairly straightforward devices.

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Here is a pic from Upscale's sprinter store website:

http://sprinterstore.com/sway_bar.htm

Aux%20Sway%20Bar.jpg

Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to come up with a way to make a disconnect for it.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I believe (but I'm not sure) that the FEs have rear swaybars. So maybe a truck dismantler?
My Iveco 1814 had (now heading towards my FG) swapbars front and rear. I have photos of those if you would like them?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
i wouldn't worry about swaybar disconnects - a straight swaybar will fit just fine and I highly recommend it. In an accident avoidance maneuver it may make the difference between staying upright or going on your side...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GR8ADV

Explorer
i wouldn't worry about swaybar disconnects - a straight swaybar will fit just fine and I highly recommend it. In an accident avoidance maneuver it may make the difference between staying upright or going on your side...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking to disconnect offroad for full use of the suspension.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Looking to disconnect offroad for full use of the suspension.

Gotcha. All depends on how you set up the suspension. FYI, the stock limited slip is really solid, I've never had a problem with single wheel spin on the rear axle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears