Fiat 500 Rally Thread

gorillamel

Dirty Blonde
The Sport has an option button on it to stiffen the suspension, which from what I can tell actually gives it more rake and the rpms alter a bit in the engine (sorry, I am not overly mechanically inclined, so my descriptions are lacking).

gorillamel

Dirty Blonde
I finally got the shipping quote back to see how much it would be to ship my 500 to the UK. Results are as follows:

Please see below for a quotation to ship the 2013 Fiat 500 S from Norfolk (USA) to Plymouth (UK):
Collection: To be confirmed
Sea freight: GBP 1,550.00
UK handling: GBP 450.00
UK customs: GBP 250.00
Onward delivery: GBP 850.00
VAT payable to HMRC
Duty payable to HMRC
We are able to provide ‘All-Risk' and ‘Total Loss Only' Marine Transit Insurance for the shipment of the car. Please let me know if this is something that you would like a quotation for, and the value to which you would like the vehicles to be insured.

gorillamel

Dirty Blonde
We finally got our logo designed. I am quite happy with it (esp for being free):
1456016_708840685853_479051840_n.jpg

1426470_708840665893_672509087_n.jpg

I've been working hard at making the website and trying to make it easy to use and visually appealing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated: http://mongolianpandaexpress.org/index.html

I mapped our route in Google Maps, but it will not link our points due to the fact that Georgia only recently opened its borders with Russia to foreigners and Google has not updated this information.

Now, to contact sponsors!
I emailed the Tony Fowkes Auto group in the UK for info on the Panda since they are the ones who worked on the FIAT Panda that drove from Cape Town to London this year. I'm hoping for a reply. *fingers crossed*

gorillamel

Dirty Blonde
So far, no word on various shops and FIAT dealerships abroad to help me with getting measurements of a 2005 or newer FIAT Panda so that I can better research aftermarket suspension and decide about possible skid plates. Alas. Very frustrating.

As a plea to those of you abroad, i.e. not in the US/anywhere that has FIAT Pandas, can you do me a massive favour and take a pic of the undercarriage of a 2005+ FIAT Panda (diesel preferred, but at this point, I'll welcome anything)? Much thanks!!!

Currently I am writing sponsorship letters and trying to figure out how to make a video to go along with it to make it a bit more memorable of a letter. Ha! Any suggestions are welcome on sponsorship letter-writing/begging. :p

L3TT3RS

@pooping_outside
If you are still chasing 4x4 I believe that the new jeep renegade is 4x4 and I believe it is on the same platform. May be able to move some suspension components and maybe driveline over and have you a lifted 4x4 fiat 500!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12