Filson Levi Trucker Jacket

paulnb57

Observer
Ive sort of got a hankering for a Filson Levi Trucker Jacket, but being in the UK, ill have to import one....however, online research suggests that size 40 is the largest on offer. This side of the pond jackets are sized by chest meaurement, so, size 40 would be 40inches measured right round the back and front of the wearer at chest height, is this the case in the US? If so then I imagine US truckers to be small people - I'm 48 inch chest and don't consider myself huge (!). Could someone confirm US sizing for me please?

Thanks!!

Paul

keezer37

Explorer
Ive sort of got a hankering for a Filson Levi Trucker Jacket, but being in the UK, ill have to import one....however, online research suggests that size 40 is the largest on offer. This side of the pond jackets are sized by chest meaurement, so, size 40 would be 40inches measured right round the back and front of the wearer at chest height, is this the case in the US? If so then I imagine US truckers to be small people - I'm 48 inch chest and don't consider myself huge (!). Could someone confirm US sizing for me please?

Thanks!!

Paul

We make few small adults these days, truckers being no exception. We do size the same. Filson's website shows XL (46") being their largest in that jacket. At 46", they're sizing themselves out of the market. Perhaps as autumn approaches, you'll see more.

reds12t

Observer
Living in Seattle, and being a fan of Filson products, I have tried on many of their jackets. The "Trucker Jacket" is not an accurate representation of their sizing, most of their jackets are generously sized. The jacket is a collaboration, combining Levi's classic Trucker jacket with Filson's classic oil finish tin cloth. The jacket is tight, and it is usually recommended to upsize, just as you would with the classic denim trucker jacket. I like the jacket and almost bought one myself, but I don't think it is a great represntation of Filson. I feel that it was targeted toward the hip, very skinny, younger crowed who would wear it ironically. That is based on who I saw interested in the Jacket last time I was at their store.

Willman

^ on the money!

I would call the Filson store in Seattle and chat with them....get people that go that extra mile!

paulnb57

Observer
Bit difficult to phone the Settle store as I live in the UK........
However I did contact Filson through their online store and got this reply...

Hello Mr. B

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is my understanding that we are offering larger sizes in the Levi's collaboration product this Fall. It is my understanding that the sizing of this year's Levi's Trucker Jacket in consistent with last year's sizing. We still recommend ordering one size larger than your normal coat size.

The best way to receive the announcement about the arrival of the larger sizes is to receive our email announcements. You can register for these on our website here: http://www.filson.com/email-signup/.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We are always more than happy to assist you in any way we can.

Best regards,

Theresa
Filson Customer Service

Greetings to Filson:

A new Contact Us* Submission has been created from a customer at the Filson web site.* Here are the details of the submission:

MESSAGE: Are there any plans to increase the size range of the Filson Levi Tin cloth Truckers jacket? im a size 46/48 and am not huge by any standards.....but the jackets appear to stop at size 42.......

Thanks in hopeful anticipation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior